My dry cough is frustrating me for a while now. And I think that my doctor is in the same situation as I am. Whatever we tried to do, my dry cough is not improving at all. It became so predictable and that is what bothers me the most. Anyway, I really want to get rid of it - and I don't care what price I need to pay. Do you know what are the reasons why my dry cough is not improving? Anybody in here already had this problem? If you didn't, please let me know how did you fight against it? 

I would say that you have no idea what is causing your dry cough and therefore you just cannot treat it, you have to know what is causing it so that you can treat the cause and only then will your dry cough disappear. 

If your doctor cannot see what is causing your dry cough and he cannot help you treat it, I think that you want to try with a different doctor. If it doesn't work out with a different doctor either, then you should just try and figure it out on your own and then try to treat that, that's all I've got.

If you try and treat your dry cough now without knowing what caused it, it is going to come back as soon as you think that you got rid of it. Your doctor needs to be a little more thorough when it comes to finding out what caused your dry cough because that is the only way of finding out how to treat it. I think that this is the only reason why your dry cough is not improving, it is because you are not treating it in a right way. Change your doctor if you have to, your doctor won't mind.

You are maybe stuck with a chronic dry cough which might be a bit harder to treat.

How long have you been having a dry cough before you decided to go and talk to your doctor? If you had this dry cough for about eight weeks before trying to do anything to treat it, then it is very likely that your dry cough became chronic and then it becomes a bit more harder to treat. I don't know, your doctor should be the one to help you but if he doesn't know what is going on, then I don't know, just try some medications and some home remedies maybe...

I am going to give you two tips on how to treat your dry cough and you can see if you are going to get better.

First one is to put a bit of vinegar in 300 ml water and gargle it. You should try and gargle it for about 30 minutes and you should put more vinegar if you can handle it.

The second is to heat up some sugar until it becomes liquidish and then pour some milk over it and continue to heat it all up until the sugar dissolves in milk, then you can drink it, it should taste like chocolate milk.

You are not treating it. That is the main reason.

You are being immature and I am pretty sure that you haven't done a lot of things to try to prevent it and heal it. Ok, maybe you have tried some syrups or some alternative medicines, but that is not enough.

A dry cough can be also one of the indicators that you are dealing with asthma for example. 

Tell me, when did you see your doctor for the last time, just to check your body? Did you went to see him now, when you are dealing with a dry cough?

I don't think so...

Don't attack me please, I just can't be frustrated more than I am. This is something that is killing me and bothers me a lot. I didn't go to see my doctor, you are totally right because I was running one day through the woods and rain started to fall. I believed that I am cold and that this is the reason why I am coughing all the time. I believed that this will go away just by using some ordinary teas, lozenges, etc...That is why I haven't seen my doctor and that is why I believe that it is already late...

I think that you are taking this a little more serious than you should.  You should really educate yourself and you should know that a cough is a symptom, not a disease by itself.

I don't know why did you believe that this is a disease and why you haven't went to see your doctor about this. When it comes to a dry cough, you should know that's often indication of an underlying condition. A cough can accompany a common cold, for instance, or be due to allergies, lung disease, or even gastrointestinal troubles.

Maybe you got some virus or flue, and now it is the time for you to see your doctor.