I'm 16 years old and have had a stubborn cough since the end of May, it is now July 19th. The cough is dry and feels like a tickle in my throat at times. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me with allergy medicine but that hasn't helped at all. The cough gets worse at night and leaves me awake until 2 am only to wake up several times throughout the night to cough. The cough has me waking up in the afternoon and leaves me tired every day. I have no idea what's going on with my throat.

hey, you should talk to your mom about this problem, you should not hide it from your parents. it can become a problem in the future life, and I am sure that you don't want this to happen. this dry cough is related to this tickle that you are feeling.  This is usually caused by cold or flu. Maybe you should find a couple of good dry cough remedies in order to treat this. I am sure that your doctor can tell you which one is the best or you can combine a couple of medications and syrups until you see which one is the best for your health. Your throat is important, like every other thing at and in your body and you should treat it well. Good luck!