Especially when erect the Glans of my penis is extremely dry and appears flaky-like (Tiny flakes). It looks exactly like after when you had mild sunburn and the skin then starts to flake every so slightly without the redness. I have "moisturised" my glans with Petroleum jelly, Tissue Oil, but the problem remains. I hardly if ever use public toilets, only once had to and wondered if I’d contracted an STD? I'm not sexually active but I cannot get rid of the flakiness. It seems to get worse and worse, but can not understand it since I am not sexually active. I felt itchiness in the beginning but it has disappeared now (most probably because I’m moisturising it now) I wonder if I perhaps do not have some kind of fungus infection? The condition has been like this for six months now.
Any help, please!

hey i may not be a doctor but it happend to me and it started gettin worse cause it was soo dry that it started bleedin but if its a fungus you know what kills it all...........chlorine, i dont recommend it if you dont like pain cause it will hurt but if its some fungus due to masturbating cause your hands are full of them and all well this would get rid of things if not then my friend i dont know whats going on thats how i cured my little dryness take care

That does sound like it definitely is a fungal infection but the best way to get rid of that is to get an antifungal cream. Do not put chlorine or something like that on because it would be very painful and could cause your skin to flake even worse. I hope that you are doing well. If you were able to get this to clear up or not, can you keep us posted on how your'e doing? Thanks!

I'm almost 80 and the glans of my penis had become dry and flaky. I'm not sexually active any more, but the dry itchy skin on my penis bothered me. I tried several things, nothing seemed to work. Then, I saw a tube of lip balm in my medicine cabinet that said it was good for dry, chapped lips. Sounds like me, huh? This one contained Bee's wax and was called Bee Naturals. What the heck, I tried it. After three days, everything is almost back to normal, redness almost gone, and the skin is now getting smooth like it used to be. I think the Bee's wax in the med is sticky so it stays on without rubbing off. This has been my experience.