I took a shower this afternoon and after I got out I had just a little bit of redness around my vagina area. It was a little sore but not alot. I have never had anything like this. The redness is still there and it's dry but it's not sore anymore. I do shave everyday so I'm concerned if it could razor burn or something else?????? I am sexually active and it's been a week since the last time I had intercourse. Any suggestions on what I should do or what it is?

You should go to your doctor. Ask him/her about your condition. Be completely honest and tell them everything that bothers you.
Dont be afraid, it's probably something simple like a yeast infection. My doctor told me that thse symptoms are very common. I always had the idea that if a girl isn't sexually active, then she is not at risk of yeast infection. My doctor said that it has nothing to do with age "young or old" or whether sexually active or not! There are many types of yeast infections and not all are caused by intercourse.
Your doctor may perscribe you some vaginal creams or insertion tubes.
ps- all in all hope you feel better.

Did you have it before the shower? If not, what about the soap or body wash? If it's in the area where you shaved of course it could be razor burn. You said vagina so I was thinking of a hairless area near the opening but if it's on the outer lips ----? I found some soaps would severely irritate my inner foreskin and my glans and do it worse if I rubbed the area much or with pressure. So any sensitive skin you have can be affected by different soaps.

okay now the redness is slightly visible there is a couple white spots on it. it is around the opening of the outer lips but thats it. should i wait a week to see if it goes away or what should i do

I think I'd wait and watch. If it gets worse, going to a doctor might be a good choice. I remember reading somewhere that about 80% of the things people go to their doctor about, would have gotten well anyway without ever seeing the doctor.

Sort of I'm only nine and I have stuck my moms dill doe up there once