Hi, I have a dry socket problem. How is this symptom treated? Are my children more prone to this problem?

Hi, generally in a patient with a dry socket, blood does not fill up the extraction socket. Also the blood clot can be lost. The gums can not grow over the extraction socket, so the hole remains open. A constant dull throbbing pain is felt, and a foul smelling breath and bad taste in the mouth are accompanying symptoms. It is not exactly known what causes a dry socket, so chances for your children to have the same disuse can not be predicted. Usually, it occurs more with lower teeth than upper teeth and more with females than males.

I have had dry socket twice with the extraction of both of my wisdom teeth, and it is the worst pain I have ever felt. Dry socket is caused when the blood clot doesn't develop within the socket. Tell your dentist right away if you suspect that you've developed dry socket.
The only treatment available is to pack the socket with clove oil. By packing the socket with clove oil it helps the clot to fill and thus the gum line can start to grow over the socket.
Best of luck!