good day, good people. so, I am about to have a wisdom tooth removal for 10 days. the main problem is that I am a coward, I admit. and I am scared since I don't know what to expect. I've been hearing stories all the time about this and I have heard that there are so many complications after this procedure. but, I don't know what to expect, what do you guys consider as complications and what are the most common? I am scared of some possible infection and I really hope that this is the last thing that I should be worried about. 

.Good day there. I am glad that you asked. A lot of people do know that there are complications but they don't know what they are. If you ask me, I can say that a dry socket is one of the most common complications after the wisdom tooth removal. It's where a blood clot fails to develop in the tooth socket, or if the blood clot becomes dislodged or disappears.  When can you expect this?

Well, five days after the surgery. 

Also, another thing that is very dangerous and one of the most common complications is an infection of the wisdom tooth.   

Yes, the dry socket is one of the most common complications when it comes to wisdom tooth removal. Also, you can expect some infection after wisdom tooth removal which is also normal. Usually, these infections develop in more than 40 percent of the cases, so it seems that it is very common. Also, some of the other complications are an exposure of bone when the post-surgical blood clot is lost from the site of the surgical wound. Also, if you don't take care of your hygiene,e you can get the infection in the socket from bacteria and also from some trapped food particles. It can happen that during this surgery, you get this damage to nearby teeth, even the nerves, jawbone or sinuses

Celebrity

I know that some people find it silly when you tell them that they need to be prepared for this, but my advice is that it is a good idea to ask for advice from your current dentist and even from your friends who had this issue, because that is good thing when you are looking for a suitable dentist to perform the procedure. Of course, it is a good thing that you already have your own dentist, someone whom you trust. But, generally, consulting different dentists may also be a good idea. You will learn more about complications and infections. 

Hi there.
Yep, there are some possible complications that are present. Now, I see that some people wrote on what are the most common, and that is true. But, here are some tips on what you have to do to avoid it. After this surgery, you need to know that several actions like sucking on a straw, even using a tobacco, drinking alcohol or hot liquids can make the symptoms worse and can cause a bleeding from the wound. Sure, the most biggest complication that can happen is a dry socket, but you need to tell your dentist about it because if you don't react on time, it can cause a several complications, so it is important to tell this to your dentist, since only him or her can advise you of necessary steps you can take to prevent the condition. Good luck and don't be scared.

Hi everybody.
Not only complications after the removal, there are some possible complications during the surgery, and you need to talk to your doctor about those. Sure, they are not life - threatening, but it is your obligation to know for those. During the surgery it can happen a permanent nerve damage. Also, immediate or late fracture of the mandible is a rare event, but a major complication that also can happen. It is not like nothing can happen to you when you are off to surgery. That is why it is very important to be prepared to this.

Hi, I never had any complications. I have heard that there are three which are the most common, but trust me, I was really OK after this procedure. I've lost 2 pounds in two weeks, but it is not something that bothered me. I remember that my doctor told me that he did everything and that it seems to him that I am fine, but that I need to observe the changes, because like in so many cases, nerve damage can happen. So, if I notice anything strange, I should inform him. So, I did it, but nothing. Also, he mentioned something about sinus, but I just can't remember what. Maybe during the procedure somehow they can damage the sinus channels as well.