Hello Everyone,I had 4 Wisdom teeth extracted on 12/3/2012. I initially went do get one tooth extracted due to the impacted tooth causing pain. The oral surgeon talked me into getting 4 extracted (I wasn't even aware that    I had them as they caused no issues)

I am on day 11 currently and I am in SO. MUCH. PAIN. I have been experiencing pain since about day 5. I had a follow up on 12/10/2012. The oral surgeon looked in my mouth for all of 2 minutes, told me that everything looked fine, and that basically showed me the door. I asked him questions about all of the pain  was having and he advised me that I probably clench my teeth when I sleep. I told him I don't really sleep because of the pain, and he didn't really say anything...The only extraction site that hurts is the one that the problem tooth was extracted from. The pain actually resembles the same pain I experienced before getting the tooth extracted.I have a very high pain threshold, but I can't knock this. I take two ibuprofen every 8 hours and It still leaves me basically paralyzed to the point I want to lay in my bed in Fetal Position. Could it be possible that surgeon slacked off on the check up and missed something? Warm water rinses leave me in discomfort. Using the syringe is critical, as food gets stuck in my sockets. When I use it, there is nothing that can stop the intense radiating pain that I feel for the next 30 minutes of my life. I have even tried not using so much pressure while irrigating with the syringe.What should I do?

I wish I could answer this for you (and me since I'm having the same experience),
I feel your pain! I'll keep looking into it and let you know if I find anything out too!

Thank you! It is ridiculous! I haven't been able to do ANYTHING today!

I have this persistent horrible taste in my ever since the wisdom tooth extraction. At first i thought it was the local anesthetic that oozed out on day one. But now, on the 4th day, i still feel the same horrible taste every time i try to swallow too hard. Taste disgusting. Not sure if i have infection, dry socket or some sort of sh*t going on. And first day after my extraction, was a living hell. With throbbing and stinging pain on the area and gums. My jaw could barely open. Just saying...