Hello! I have been to a dentist bc I experienced pain at the back of my jaw, my molar hurt like hell, there was a stiffness of the jaw and he told me I have wisdom tooth. He said that if there were no problem I could have taken just some antibiotics but he suggested a surgery to have it extracted. I made another appointment with him but I would like to know more about this procedure. Is there anybody who experienced it?

Hi! I had my wisdom tooth extracted under a local anesthesia. I had it done at the dentist’s office. I was awake but the area around the tooth was numb as I was given sedatives to help me relax during the procedure. I think that the doc made a cut in the gums, removed some bone and lifted out the tooth. Then he put some stitches to make the gums heal. I went home as soon as I recovered from anesthesia. I was given some pain killers and mouth wash to take home with me, and got instructions on how and when to use them. He used dissolvable stitches that disappear on their own, so I didn’t have to go the doc’s to have them removed.

Hi, I had my wisdom tooth removed 2 days ago and I have to honestly tell you, it was one of THE WORST experiences of my life. The reason being is because I was only given local anesthesia for an impacted wisdom tooth. I think it's different for all people but for me, that was not enough. I should have been fully sedated, gased or something because only 5 min intot he procedure, the novicaine wore off and I could feel everything. The pain after the surgery is inexplicable. I can't compare it to anything that has ever happened to me before. It's been 3 days and I'm still reletively swollen and I can't eat solid foods yet because of the stiffness. The sutures(stitches) that were used are not dissovable so I have to go have them removed in a week or so. Complete healing time can take anywhere from a few weeks to a month.

I'm not trying to scare you but to let you know how mine went so that you might choose to be fully sedated. I HIGHLY recommend this. Or else, you'll be smelling the burnt bone and feeling every tug and pull and pop there is. Good luck and dont hestiate to opt for the gas or IV drip PLEASE. Take it from me :-(

I had 2 wisdom teeth removed and opted for the gas which helped. The extraction wasn't so bad but the after math. It's very painful afterwards. I ended up with what you call a "Dry Socket' which in intense pain from the blood clot being disturbed or disloged in that area. When the blood clot is distured or disloged it exposes the nerve ending and jawbone creating an intense throbbing pain. If this happens call the dentist immeadiately so they can pack it with medecine. I go back this week and get the other 2 removed and im not looking forward to it. Good Luck. :-(

i just had my wisdom teeth out. i had to go into hospital as i couldnt have them done at the dentist.dont listen to to many poeple as every one has a diffrent pain barrier.as with any tooth being take out you do feel discomfort. i too have stitchers mouthwash ,and pain killers.cant eat.and can only drink. but what is worse pain for a short period by haveing them out or pain off and on till you cant take it any more.your be fine.
good luck

Hi wisdom tooth it's a really painful procedure but at the end its all worth it.. because then u dont have to worry about all the lingering pain thats there.. whats funny is i had my left wisdom teeth taken out a couple of years ago and i just made an appointment @ a oral surgeon to take out my right side.. but the appointment is not until next week and i'm in so much pain!!! I couldn't even sleep last night...so anyways its better to get it done!! really!! GOOD LUCK!! :-D

I had all 4 extracted three weeks ago and now tomorrow and I am having to go back to the surgeon and undergo anesthesia to have several bone fragments removed on both sides of the bottom. According to the Dr. the is not very common, but the procedure is going to cause ulcers on both sides and he said that it would hurt worse than the first go around. So I hope this does not happen to any of you.

I had 3 of my 4 Taken out while @ Boot Camp. Im currently experienceing pin in 1 as we speak but I have an appointment with an oral surgeon next wekk. But back to the pain. You will know once youve gotten this done. your gums will be cut in and the tooth extracted, with stitches to follow. In boot camp, all 3 of mine came out in the same day and I was a bloody mess for 2 days, but it will get better i promise. They dont hurt as much nin my opinion as some people make it out to be. Try to be put under, itll make it easier

i recently had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed under IV sedation and nitrous oxide. i had them removed with the oral surgeon that i worked with which i believe made things easier for me because i trusted her. i only got a little nervous before the procedure as they put the IV needle into the vain on the inside of my elbow. i dont remember waking up or getting into the wheelchair, it was still drowsy but i havent felt any excruciating pain yet just some soreness here and there and jaw stiffness but the worst part is not being able to open your mouth fully and chewing with your back teeth. all i can say is keep the area clean still brush and floss after but not roughly. no drinking through straws or spitting or swishing vigorously. you'll be fine>