hey guys, so this dry socket formed almost a month after wisdom tooth removal. to be honest, I expected this to appear before, not after a month, but what can I do. so, of course, that I went to consult my doctor about this, and you know what he told me - it happens! it means - what? it happens and I should let it go? I don't think so. So, I really need you to tell me are there some tips to heal dry socket that formed a month after wisdom tooth removal? Something that I can do at home? 

Hello there.

A couple of things you can do, but I am a little bit worried because it is there after a month. It is rare, I have never heard that this dry socket happens after so much time. Anyway, when it comes to prevention, you really should avoid smoking or use any tobacco products. You should know that drinking a plenty of clear liquids can help in remain hydrated and prevent nausea that is also common. Also, rinse your mouth gently with warm salt water several times a day. Also, that advice can help you in preventing an Infection after wisdom tooth removal. Good luck. 

It is unusual and I don't agree with your doctor that "it happens"!  In some normal cases, I would advise you to return to your dentist, but it is impossible and I am suggesting you find another surgeon or dentist and tell him what is going on.

Sure, the dentist should determine why this pain comes from. Is it sharp or not. In some cases, it is more likely that a retained root tip could cause a problem, which can happen, but you should not wait not even one day. Some other complications may occur if you don't treat it on time. 

Celebrity

Well, if you ask me, you are dealing with an infection that formed after a longer time. Probably, in the beginning, was a small one, maybe it was there, after this it was healed, or something, but it escalates now, after a month. So, don't ignore it. You can easily understand are you dealing with an infection since they are often accompanied by tenderness in the infected location. So, try to figure this out. And no, I disagree. I mean, I agree that this can happen after a while, but I disagree that he didn't do a thing about it. Ask another dentist. 

I am sorry to hear this. But, nothing unusual.

Sometimes, this requires a treatment, and this treatment usually involves symptomatic support while the socket heals. But for this, you will need your dentist who will gently irrigate to clear the socket of food and other things that are causing the bacteria. Another thing that can help you are an analgesic medicated and they are good because they usually provides immediate relief. This dressing may need to be replaced every few days during the healing process. I hope that this will help you in your treatment procedure. Good luck!

A lot of people don't know how actually looks like when you are having a dry socket. So, that is a big problem because you know that you are dealing with something and you don't know what with. Now, if you are having a post-extraction pain peaks within a 24 hour of  period after the surgery it is normal. But, when it comes to a dry socket pain, it actually peaks three to five days after the extraction. In most of the cases it wont go if its not treated by the professional. When it comes to symptoms, they are a bad breath, unpleasent taste, etc.

Well, it is not OK that you are having a dry socket issue after a month, it is a long time after a procedure. It is not normal since you can see that you are having an issue after five days. I just can't believe that didn't notice this problem before, who know what could have happen or what has happened already. I mean, I got a dry socket after five days and I felt it so I went to see a doctor immediately and tnx to him I got healed. But your dentist is a bit unprofessional, if you ask me. I mean, he can't say that this happens, because I still don't believe that this CAN happen just like this. Seek for another opinion, now!