I have a problem because it seems my wisdom teeth do not develop normally. I guess that is going to require extraction, as one friend of mine had to do. That is why I am so much worried about this, because I do not know what to expect after wisdom teeth extraction. Can you tell me how long does it take to heal? Is this healing time always the same or it depends of some factors?

How quickly you heal depends on the degree of difficulty of the extraction. There is variety if you are going to extract teeth with a simple extraction of a fully erupted tooth versus a tooth impacted into the jawbone. In general, during the first 24 hours bleeding may occur for several hours after tooth extraction. To control it, position a piece of clean moist gauze over the empty tooth socket and bite down. You should apply constant pressure for about 45 minutes to the place of extraction. A moistened tea bag is an effective alternative for quick healing time. Repeat this process if a small degree of bleeding continues, but if heavy bleeding continues to occur, you should contact your dentist or oral surgeon. Avoid rinsing or spitting for 24 hours after tooth extraction, and avoid "sucking" actions, such as drinking beverages through straws or smoke. Until healing time passes after wisdom teeth extraction, you should also avoid hot liquids such as coffee or soup. These activities can dislodge the clot, causing dry socket to develop, which is definitely not recommended. Complete healing does not occur for a few weeks to a few months following the wisdom teeth extraction.