Hello! Six months ago, after having my tooth removed I have developed a wisdom tooth dry socket. Eve though it lasted just for a week, it was very painful. I had to use some narcotic pain relievers. Anyway, I am about to have another tooth removed tomorrow and I was wondering if I should smoke after the extraction. I honestly wouldn’t want for wisdom tooth dry socket to appear again. Thank you!

Hi there! I know what you mean when talking about pain from wisdom tooth dry socket, not to mention the bad breath. Yuck! I think you should definitely not smoke a few days after having your tooth removed because smoking may disturb blood clot formation and cause a wisdom tooth dry socket.

i had my wisdon teeth out on friday morning and i started smoking about 2 hours after havin then out and its been fine for me no problems at all all i done was rinse my mouth with water after

I had a wisdom tooth pulled and smoke (cigs) about 5 mins later, I had left the dressing in lol. However I added salt to the water and rinsed not for long, a few seconds and spat out. No problems so far, I can feel the clot but do have to press it down from time to time. Pain is there but manageable as it took my dentist +-, 45 mins to do the extraction.