i got my wisdom teeth pulled, all of them

then i got dry socket, it has been 8 days since extraction

my question to you all is, since i already have dry socket, can i smoke with dry socket? or will that delay healing? make it worse??

You, Sir, are a champ!

lol....

I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled, and i have no dry socket (yet).

Its been 4 or 5 hours, i need a smoke bad :-(

I read on the instructions the dentist lleft me that 4 to 6 hours is ok... When I was in the office, he said 3 days. I think I will listen to the paper they left me, because it says 4-6 hours which is now... :-D

THen im hitting the vape later.

Ill let yo0ou all know if i get dry socket.

well.. i had my wisdom teeth out 6 days ago.. i smoked threw 4 of them.. i have dry sockets. i went back to get treated for it.. i got home and smoked again and the pain has been increasing everyday..however they say your chances of a drysocket are 50% doing everything right! haha im not saying its definite that smoking makes drysockets worse.. but i cant find any other reason to why im in so much pain :$

Lol. I got my lower left wisdom teeth extracted one week ago , I'm a heavy smoker so i asks the doctor if I can smoke and he said no,it's not allowed until 24 hours .I however didn't liston and smoked weed one hour after the extraction,I have dry socket! It's the most excruciating pain I've ever felt,sleepless nights "even though I still blow up some joints"apparently the weed doesn't help ,I also live on pain killers which bearly helps ,I would recommend not smoking to avoid dry socket,Youll go through so much agony .,.im typing now and I'm going through a lot of pain ,will see the doctor tomorrow for cleaning.. Hope it will be over soon .sighs.

After being treated for dry socket 2x (never smoked, all liquid diet, still got dry socket) I ran out of pain killers and was dying. So I filled my mouth with salt water to make sure my socket was full of an antibacterial fluid, making contact with smoke impossible, then took a hit through my nose. I packed the bowl loosely and made sure I ground my buds very well. I have been feeling little to no pain ever since my last treatment, so I think my socket is finally healing up. But be careful. Dry socket can get worse and worse. I felt like I wanted to die.

i've had 3 wisdom teeth out, the first 2 were totally fine: easy extractions with quick and pain-free healing processes. i had my 3rd tooth extracted last Monday. it's now Monday night a week after having the tooth removed. i have dry socket and the pain is excruciating, and constant. it literally does not go away unless you manage to sleep. painkillers don't work, eating ain't happening and all i want is a big-ass joint. so today is day 5 after the extraction and i think i've had dry socket since day 2 or even day 1 (i smoked a joint a few hours after the extraction... i know, i know) and i'm wondering when i can smoke again? apparently it's the suction motion of smoking that disturbs the clot and causes dry socket, but i already have dry socket and i'm losing the will to live over here. someone help please!

*today is day 7... not day 5. oops let's put that down to the heavy pain meds

I'm in a similar situation. Smoked Just one 36 hours after wisdom tooth extraction. Got dry socket (even after doing everything else the dentist sugggested) been 1 week since getting treatment/antibiotics for dry socket. Can't find any info on whether I would be putting myself at risk again if I smoke tonight.

Damnnnnnb im relieved im not the only one . . . Its been a week and a half since mine and my pain is finally manageable but I'm scared to smoke and make it worse. Im been relying on alcohol to make the pain meds more efficient.

I had your same logic. I got dry socket. You don't want it.

I'm on day 8 since extraction and dry socket has been absolute hell. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Finally off pain meds but still sore and facial nerve pain coming and going. Anyone know when pain will stop altogether? Can't stick this any longer.

Me too..... total agony. Best make some special cakes and use oil instead.
Excruciating... 8 days in!

Ok so it's been 5 day since I had my tooth pulled and I smoke once yesterday and today I'm pretty sure the blood clot is gone but I'm not sensitive to cold drinks or nothing like that but the suction from smoking hurts what's going

Dont smoke i got dry socket or a infection its been 4 days 8 cigarettes 2 bowl packs since i had my 3 wisdom eeth pulled 1 was impacted and took extra time to pull it. Im swelled in bottom left jaw (impacted side) just took my last vicodin 5 and am praying tomorrow will be better. I need to go back to dentist there is no clot from what i can see the other 2 extraction sites dont hurt and havent swelled but bottom left impacted side is a b***h it is swelled i feel ill my stomach is turning like a washing machine an my pills are out and i paid cash ftw 1400$ f**k my life weed is my perscription and i cant smoke so im screwed guess i gotta go back and cuss the b***h dentist out and maybe tounge kiss her assistant wish i wouldnt of smoked or snorted my perscription

This is me rn. Exact case