Hi, for the last couple of days I have been experiencing something really annoying. My throat is very dry. It bothers me mostly in the mornings. With it, I am spitting out mucus. Cough is also present but it occurs occasionally. I have never experienced something like this before and I have no idea what could be causing my dry throat. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, you have not mentioned whether you are a smoker or alcohol consumer. Sometimes one of these two can be responsible for the condition you are experiencing. There are also some other things that can develop dry throat. It is not rare for an infection, viral or bacterial, to cause this state. In addition to it some other diseases can emerge. However, a visit to the doctor will clarify things. He will perform some tests and, if necessary, prescribe some medicine in order to calm down the dry throat.