Some advice needed please,

i have been a smoker 20 years and drink alcohol frequently,
For many years i have experienced a dry throat/swallowing difficulty when i exert myself in exercise.
Recently it seems to have got worse and happens more often.

My throat feels as though there is something stuck on the right side of the adams apple and although there is no pain or any major difficulty swallowing, i feel that something is not quite right with the feeling i get from swallowing. !

Thanks to anyone who might reply

Whenever there’s a strange sensation in throat, thyroid gland is suspected. It may get enlarged and cause problems when it starts producing too much or too little thyroid hormones, when there’s a tumor and sue to other causes.

Lately, more and more people have been complaining of the sensation in throat, as if something was stuck there and they need to work real hard to get rid of it but it’s no use.

It seems that stress is taking over us and lump sensation in throat is one of the side effects. Certain muscles in the throat start having spasmic movements and we feel them as a lump in the throat.

Others say it is some kind of bacterial infection within throat. Honestly, I have no idea what it is. Stress I suppose and lot of smokes and alcohol isn’t contributing to good results. I have been seen by a doc, both GP and ENT, and nothing was found. I was sent home with vitamin B pills to take for prolonged time.

See a doctor, maybe they figure out what’s with you. Good luck!

I'm having dryness on my throat quite ofen i need someone to help me
with this problem

:-( i have i sor thorth its like smome thing is stuk had it 110 days drive me nunts its from smoking the longs and all of me is goog hop no troth csncer

:-) Yes, I have had the same symptoms. I was diagnosed, after many drs, with carotidynea. I causes dry throats, with a constant feeling that something is stuck in my throat (dysphasia). Not much is known about this chronic illness, but prednisone seems to help after a long bout. Good luck. It happens after a bout with a viral infection, commonly known as a "cold."

What physician specialty gave this diagnosis? I have a similar problem and I get nowhere. Was it ENT, pulmonologist, internist? Will appreciate response

Guest wrote:

:) Yes, I have had the same symptoms. I was diagnosed, after many drs, with carotidynea. I causes dry throats, with a constant feeling that something is stuck in my throat (dysphasia). Not much is known about this chronic illness, but prednisone seems to help after a long bout. Good luck. It happens after a bout with a viral infection, commonly known as a "cold."

159 days nowe is it thorat cancer