I have acne inmy ear lobe (a pimple) and it has recently swelled quite greatly. I was wondering if Ishould just try to pop it with a needle? or try something else?also I have never tryed to peirce my ears and Ive had one in my other ear lobe a year earlier . What would cause this to happen on my ear lobes. ddaus26@yahoo.com

Hi! I also had a bump in my earlobe. These are some sort of cysts and when they get bif, it probably means they got inflamed and are filled with bacteria.

Some of my friends told me just to pop it, but just thinking about it hurt. One of my mates said he had his squeezed and that it hurt, was bloody and full of puss but that it was gone soon after he drained everything out of it.

Others told me to see a doc, so that he could drain it and my father told me just to leave it like that. So, like any good son I listened to what my father said. It was present for a long time after but them just disappeared.

If you would want my advice, I would tell you to see a dermatologist. They will take care of it the best possible way, I am sure. Waiting like I did will take too long and I wouldn’t want myself to pick on it due to all bacteria, so that it wouldn’t get even more inflamed than it already is.

:-D I have recently discoved a red bump in my ear as well. I placed some acne trestment on a que-tip and placed it on the bumps inside my ear. An hour latter I placed some triple anibiotic oniment on another q-tip and placed that on the pimple. It feels better now. You might also try using an ear cone to get rid of wax build up. If it does not clear up for me soon I am going to make an appointment to see my allergist.