I do not have a fever or infection I have a rather large bump that is very painful right inside my ear canal. I haven't had a cold but do get sinus drainage every night. I started taking benedryl to help that problem but am now taking lots of aspirin for the pain. Is there a home remedy for this? If not, do you think it will clear up in a coupleof days. I've had the problem for 2 days and it's definitely painful! Of course, friends and family tell e a spider could have laid eggs in my ear--very helpful.....does this happen? I ask because I live with 40 acres of timber but am not outside that often. However, I do get occasional spiders in my home. HELP!

Did you figure out what it was? And how to cure it? I've gotten the same problem two days ago. It has gotten much more swollen and it feels as if it is damaging my hearing/ the inside of my ear.

I too would like to know what it is but hearing what you're talking about is probably a sinus issue. If you're suffering from this problem I'd say that you should talk to a doctor about it. Have you been to a doctor yet?

It sounds like a sebaceous cyst (google it).

I have had this same recurring problem for almost two years now. I get a large bump inside my ear canal, which is visible. It almost completely closes my ear canal. It happens at least twice a month. It is very painful and swollen. It only happens in my right ear. It usually lasts for 4 or 5 days, but can last a week. I have no idea what it is. It usually drains while im asleep and my head is laying on that side. I have been to doctor and he says it is a pimple and lanced it but it keeps coming back. The best thing to do is not touch it, use a q tip with alcohol and leave it alone. Touching it only makes it worse. but I would suggest warm compress and some amoxicilyn to reduce the swelling.