I get yeast infections more months out of the year than I don't. They usually occur right before or right after ovulation (confirmed by combined use of LH litmus strips, NFP - Creighton model, & BBT). Every time I use Miconozole-7 by day 3 or 4 I am guaranteed to see bloody discharge. By day 6 or 7 my period has started regardless if I'm on day 15, 17, 20, 24, etc. It's not just spotting at that point. It's definitely the beginning of a new cycle/a regular peiod.

I understand yeast infections can be sexually transmitted, so anytime I suspect my hubby may be passing mine back to me, we make sure to either both request 1 tablet of Diflucan (fluconazole) for each of us, or I'll ask him to get the tablet and I will use Miconozole-7. We will abstain from all genital contact until the treatment is complete.

I have three questions: 1. Is it normal for Miconozole-7 to disrupt your current cycle and cause a new cycle to begin regardless of when in your current one you happen to be? 2. What can cause recurrent yeast infections if we're making sure both of us are treated at the same time? 3. Can a vaginal yeast infection be transmitted and/or caused by oral sex with the absence of oral thrush symptoms?