My younger sister has anorexia but she denied that all the time. She went to psychotherapist few times but she wants to stop with this treatment. She believes that she doesn’t need any treatment. Now I don’t know what to do with her. How can I help my sister with anorexia?

First of all, remember that your sister needs support and understanding more then ever. She needs to know that she can believe in you whatever is happening. You must to be very patient with her and show to her that you care about her. Maybe she can try with group therapy. There she can talk with people who have same problems like her.

Hello there,

I presume that your parents are aware of the problem your sister has and that they will do everything to help her. So first it would be wise to inform them about this. She mustn’t stop with the therapy until her psychotherapist decide that she is ready to go back to the real world without any danger that she will stop to eat, again.

If you know the cause of her anorexia it would be much easier to treat it so try as a family to talk to her and make sure that she is aware if she continues with that behavior that she could die. My friend’s daughter had died and I hope that you will find a way to help your sister.