Hi, I am fat, so I’m always on some kind of diet, but without much success. I avoid eating in school, because I don’t like other people to see me eating. Recently, I started to feel dizziness, and my parents think it’s because I’m not eating enough. Could it be the reason?

HI, I also try to avoid eating whenever possible, because I need to lose some kilos. I already lost 8 kilos, but I’m still fat. I feel dizziness, muscle pains, if I’m forced to eat something I get sick. My mother is taking me to see a doctor, because she thinks I’m a bulimic. I just want to look good and feel fine in my own skin. She believes that I’m affected by pop-stars who are anorexic and that I can ruin my health like that. I also exercise every day for 2 hours, and that makes my mother think I’m over obsessed with my outlook. Am I starving myself, I just want to get rid of kilos? I have friends who can understand this, because obese people are not satisfied with themselves at all.

I've been there too. Though, I wasn't obese or over weight... I was in my range of weight health and BMI. Though, I kept this obsessive way of "dieting" and over exercise. I would spend MORE than 2 hours doing such activities. I was bulimic and I also took excessive amount of diet pills. All this at the age of 15. Right now, I am 18 years old. The smallest I got to was probably 102lbs at the height of 5,5. I now weigh about 115 at the height of 5,6. I can tell you that was the worst period of my life that I had ever lived. I would feel palpitations, my blood pressure would drop constantly and from the fright of gaining weight, even from drinking water, I would start to purge. I didn't eat, and so would lose weight rapidly. From all this I started to also suffer from panic attacks. And would get constant light headedness and tremble at times. I am now diagnosed with panic disorder. Though I've stoped all these habits... I still have the idea that I should go back to them. I battle with that every day I eat something. So anyone that reads this, don't do this to yourself, it's not worth it. What's the point of wanting a stick-like figure body or lose weight when you are putting your health in danger. Only to become ill and worse case... die. It's not worth the risk. I didn't see a psychologist for this... I battled this all on my own... kept it a secret from my family... all but my mother, who in the end I had to tell. Because when I was rushed into the emergancy room one day, I knew that my secrets would pour out. And seeing her cry and suffer as she watched her daughter lay on a hospital bed wasn't worth it to me. And I didn't want to be there. So please, if you feel that you are getting ill from your dieting and feel that you must lose weight (even if you need to), see a doctor who specializes in nutrition and dieting. It's the best advise I can give you. And remember, no one is perfect.

Live well, live long.

I used to be pretty chubby myself but now i'm in great shape. The way to do it is definently not starving yourself or only doing 50 pushups a day, but to eat as much healthy food as you can and get as much exercise as possible. A great way to get exercise is by joining a school team if you are still in school, i prefer the track team, that really gets you into shape. You should be able push yourself to run and train your asses off if you are able to push yourself to spit up your dinner. Also, being worried about your weight is going to cause you to stay large. Trick is to just enjoy your life and not worry about what people think about you, because when it comes down to it, if you are really nice it doesn't matter much about how big you are. Ive seen some not so pretty girls become popular with all of the popular kids just by being a nice, chill person. Knowing my friends and family that ive tried to explain this to, you'll probably just shrug this post off and say bad names, but at least take into consideration that maybe throwing up your food and starving yourself is even more unhealthy and unattractive then being on the large side.

-Jeremy

Not eating will usually start usingthe proteins from your muscles and all you lose is muscle so you have to exercise too

idona,

hi. well, your parents was correct if you stop eating,bcuz ur body starts to withdraw when it's not getting the same amount of meal as is was use to. but with proper eating such as real healthy food. like subways with out the fats n stuff. u will c the difference. but I want to warn u it will take a week or so to start getting use to . i was very obese myself n removed all the meat in my diet i just eat seafood n vegetable patty or tofu stuff.not only lose weight .i hope this will help.

Hello Odona not eating will never help u loose weight, because u will start storing fat and make you fatter. You have to eat every 2-3 hour when ur metabolism will help u loose. mostly protein, eggs, chicken salads,…it does not mean you have to stop eating what u like. u just have to eat smaller portions and every 2-3 hoirs and water only. You will be fine if you do this.