I am addicted to soap too...I crave it like an addiction as times...very strange. I prefer lavender soaps or hotel soaps. I am anemic so I know this is "pica" as I chew ice every day and it drives my family crazy. I cant have a drink without opening up the lid and eating the ice. I get mad when they give me a drink with little ice...have to always order more.

I ALSO EAT SOAP BUT I DO NOT SWALLOW IT I JUST LIKE THE SMELL AND TASTE AND HOW IT FEELS ON MY TEETH THEN I SPIT IT OUT I GUESS IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS A POTTY MOUTH WHEN I WAS YOUNGER SO I GOT USE TO IT DOVE (ROSE)IS MY FAV AND OLAY (AGE) ITS SO BAD THAT MY BOYFRIEND WOULD BUY ME SOAP FOR BIRTHDAY OR SPECAIL OCCATIONS AND IT WOULD BE LIKE SOMEONE GAVE ME A SACK OF MONEY (LOL) MY ONLY WORRY IS I THINK THE SOAP MAYBE EATING AWAY AT MY TEETH. I CAN EAT A BAR A DAY ITS LIKE MY CIGRETTE I HAVE TO HAVE IT AFTER EVERY MEAL.

if she has anemia she needs more iron NOT soap the ice iss no problem at all though it may chip her teeth if she chews the ice but the soap is not at all healthy for her since most soaps have chamicals that are NOT supposed to be consumed

Hello My name is jeff co and i am addicted to the mean green irsh spring. I have been eating soap for 3months, let us say for example, 1 bar can last me a whole bid, if anyone has any advice or progressive guidance on how i can stop please help, thank you.

Wow! I thought I was alone!! I have been having weird cravings to eat soap. It started with the smell. I always loved the smell of LUX soap and would smell it occasionally. Then I began to smell it a lot. I started getting a knife and shaving down the soap, it was so much fun. I remember once or twice I tried to lick or eat it but the taste was horrid. I would hide a bar in my room and sniff it. I began licking the soap but would chew gum straight after because of the taste. We stopped using the soap for a while and used dove, which I experienced no craving for. But when lux was brought back in the house I begn to lick it a lot. And put it in my mouth and rinse my mouth out. I need a fix like every 5 minutes and I'm scared of what it's doing to my body because sometimes it burns my tongue, I can't eat the foam I can only eat a dry bar. I'm scared to tell my family because I'm embarrassed, I have all the signs of anemia but I'm too scared to go for the blood test in case the doctor detects I've been eating soap. I really want to stop.

It' s great to know that there are other ppl like me in the world , it also started when i was pregnant , but it stayed with me , i only use Palmolive with Olive Oil and Cactus , ohhhhhhhh i always keep a bar in my desk at the office to sniff it every now and then , also i have a small container with another bar inside and water , the water makes the first crust to be very creamy ( specially that i leave the bar in it all the time ) so i take a chunk in my moth and start to chew it and then spit it , of course there will be a lot of residue in my mouth so i use a tooth brush to make it all go away . 

I was so embaressed that ppl will find out , but i guess now everyone at work knows about it , sure they do make fun of me but i don't care anymore , i just wish to know if it is dangerous in anyway?? i  do not swallow it at all but of course it caused my gum to be a be inflated after every use but it only stays for few mins and then it goes away 

omg,,i thought i was the only one w a soap addiction,i cant stop smelling it,i carry it everywhere i go,no one knows ,,i hide it;theres soap dust everywhere i go,,,does this lead to eating it,i nibble it also,,

yes i have aproblem eating soap to and want to break that habit before its to late

Hi everyone,

I went for the blood test I was so scared about going on. Turns out I was very very anemic. Anyone who has this problem please please go to your doctor and get blood test, so you can break this habbit.

Thanks

Lol I take piece off an eat it is that werid I cant help it

Quote:

Quote:

Hi everyone,
Thanks

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you all know after my blood test I got an iron infusion and have been on iron tablets and my cravings for soap have vanished. Nowadays I cannot belive I even used to eat it!!! So to everyone who else who has this habit go and see a doctor and kick it for good!!!

You might be anemic. Best go get a blood test :)

This is so weird. I'm another one who loves Dial, Irish Spring and Ivory. What I'd like to know is has someone ever gotten severly sick from this? Has a doctor ever told any "stop, or else"?

I chewed ice while smelling soap, detergent, & any fresh clean linen scent & it curved my craving because it tricked my mind into thinking I was eating soap!!!! Do not eat it!! I still crave it after my pregnancy, but it is because she has a deficiency of some sort. Mine was Iron!! I definitely relate, I can't even go into a store without going down the soap isle!!

So happy that I am not alone in this! i have been eating soap off and on for some years now. sometimes i stop and dont crave it at all. other times when im highly stressed, i just have to have it. These past few days have been so tough and i just have to eat it to keep calm. Sidebar: has anyone ever trial Dial Basics HypoAllergenic? That stuff is DELICIOUS! makes my mouth water just thinking about it.