fatty acid can be harmful to health it slowly makes u lazy
loss of apetite
feeling sleepy
tongue cancer
throat problem

I chew on soap rather than swallowing it. It burns my lips my tongue and gums but I can't stop I love the smell of all Irish spring soaps

I can't tell you why this hppens but just like your daughter I too had a craving for soap during both my pregnancies. The cravings were so strong that I ended up having my own personal bar(mine was Dove) kept in a container which I carried around with me so that I could soap my hands and suck the lather when ever I needed too. The cravings ended a few months after each birth but I am now 49 and the cravings have returned just as strongly. Coincidentally I have just learned I am menopausal. Has to be something to do with hormones.

I started having my cravings about 8 years ago. I was about 4 months pregnant at the time I started to eat it. The soap I like now is Dial and Irish spring. It's crazy but I eat around a bar and a half per week. I am anemic and Vitamin D is low. I have developed a fatty liver and still have to eat it. I literally feel sick if I don't eat it. I find that I eat it when Im stressed out.

your eating animal fat but it also had ash of wood on it An contain a high concentration of potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate so you should be fine eating soap just not the anti bacterial  as it will carry harm to you in the cleaning of your cells you need to fight sickness ect. im not a soap eater but can tell you what ever your problem  many gone through this an not being able to tell your husband or wife  is something you should tell them about is your soap habits as they can help you even your family or doctor id recommend you not eat it for years an years

Yes this is what i do !! i really thought i was alone !

It's normal! Sometimes I myself crave 'glass' Yeah... I know. But i just satisfy myself by eating Ice...

Hey I'm 22 and I am addicted to dial soap and Irish spring I can't eat a whole bar but I will nibble throughout the day! With a cold bottle of water I can't stop I love it!

Hey guys never knew that they would have a forum for this topic but I to have this i dont klnow if its meantal or what butI have been using irish spring and dial bars to take a shower and i would open a fresh one and just lick it. im not as fond to the dial because i love the smell but i will lick the bar of irish spring. im not sure if this is normal but i will do it and leave the house and come back in and I MUST LICK IT againg as i make frequent trips to the bath room not trying to make it noticeable I was just wondering if this is normal as I watch on tv my strange addictions i was wondering if any of you have had any side effects cause i do notice this that I do get moody.

I just want to add that I too have this addiction. I don't know when it started exactly or what caused it but I can say that when I am stressed, I feel that urge. I do not swallow the soap but I do take a few bites and chew on it until it lathers. Then I brush my teeth with it. I don't know what it does to me but I feel better. However, last week I began to feel headaches and faint spells. I went to the Dr. and my hemoglobin level is 7.9, meaning I am severely anemic. I am close to needing blood transfusions. I don't know what caused what but I can tell you that from that day, I stopped! I have been on iron pills and I have not craved the soap as badly as I did before. I am also worried how this has affected my health.

If you are like me, please get your blood levels checked and take care of your health first!

i thought i was the only one with this problem. only a few years ago my family found out. they already told me to stop but i don't know how. the worst is that i have to keep on buying more and more packages of irish Spring.

Chiskis, i was addicted to the green irish spring big time! i noticed it was harsher on my tongue and mouth. It would sting really bad and as i said, i would not swallow it. I stopped buying that and bought lever 2000 thinking I would not care to taste it. I was wrong, I began using that one until last week. Like I said, I believe this caused my anemia and not other way around like some people think. There should be a study done because I see too many people liking the same kinds of soaps, so maybe there is an addiction to the ingredients. And think about it, just like any drug (which I have never tried), it is harmful to your health and maybe fatal. Have yourself checked to make sure it's not hurting your health already. Goodluck!

Omg, I feel the same exact way I crave Dial alot! But I'm just worried if this dangerous I'm only 13.

Omg!! I looked up the question and I didnt think it was going to give me any results! Im pregnant.. Im also anemic... Well I dont eat it.. But I once tbit a peice off of irish spring the original ,and it burnt my toung. So after that I just washed my hands and licked off the foam it made, and rinsed my mouth out with water ,swished it around like If I were brushing my teeth and spit. That way the after taste would stay in my mouth! can,these effect my baby? I dont eat it? But still.....

i am 15 years old and i am a Jamaican an i have been eating soap from i was about 5. i can eat a whole bar in a week. i eat; Irish spring, Palmolive, protex,  Dalan, dial, zest and even washing powders and the blue bomer [Jamaican brand] am afraid that there could be deadly effects of this addiction. i have signs of respiratory illnesses and am afraid of whats to come after this could someone help me out???