ALL CAN SAY IS WOW..I'M REALLY SURPISED WITH THE STORIES I BRUSH MY TEETH AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY WHEN I GET REAL STRESSED I CHEW it then rinse out my mouth...My favorite is green irish spring coast ..its been a week and all I think about is soap.MY DAWTA EVEN STARTED BRUSHING HER TEETH WITH SOAP SO I'M TRYING TO STOP SHE DOES EVERYTHING MOMMY DOES.

i am 18 yrs old and was told that im also anemic,i realized a habit of eating soap about a month ago and not only that i have had a craving for ice also,i wud eat like 4 trays of ice per day. im glad to know im not alone but i really want to brk this habit because ppl might think oh im weird or im a freak.

Hi my name is julitia I am from New Orleans I been eating Irish spring soap since my last baby n she is 4 I have to have it Itz like a drug to me I crave for it like every day I eat it with crush ice so I no how u feel n when my baby get mad she spit bubbles.

Wow, wow, wow! I thought that I was the only one that loved coast and palmolive soap. I have to eat it, I mean literally bite a little piece off and suck it down like candy. I know that I am anemic and should probably stop. I also crave and eat ice like there is no tomorrow! Are these signs of a serious disease? I often wonder what is really wrong with me on the inside that makes me crave such strange things.

Oh my goodness this is so me!!! When I was pregnant with my last child I crackers the smell of Zest Auqa..fresh... Anyways....right after my son was born I started eating it...it's the worst habit ever!! But I love it!!! I stared noticing my teeth were getting rotting from it ,and started losing my hair..i'm not sure if it's from the Zest..but I also had alots of diarriah,and lost 40 lbs Crazy!!!

I also love to eat coast soap and irish spring. I thought I was the only one who did this. Im glad im not alone. ?

Wow! I have been eating Irish Spring (orig), and Ivory for about 16 years now...I know it's directly related to being anemic, but I wonder why we all like pretty much the same soaps...weird!

I am a lucian,i am so shocked to know that there are people with that same bad habit as me. I have tired to stop but the smells are hard to resist,it hurts my stomach and i eat alot of ice after i do it,i have never told any one abt it but my kids have found me doin it. They say mummy you will get cancer i feel so afraid knowing that it is a bad substance. I am aneamic too sometimes i feel my head spinning and my eye like i am drowsy. Can someone please tell me if i can develop cancer from doin that

Soap eating cravings occur as a result of mineral deficiency especially iron. I am a RN and I am telling you from my knowledge and personal experience. 65 mg of elemental iron in 325 mg of ferrous sulfate a day will stop the craving. You can get this over the counter or ask your pharmacist. It works but you have to take the iron daily...The condition occurs in those who have iron deficiency anemia.

It's good to know that i am not alone in this i love eating soap....i brush my teeth with it, and wonder what i can do to stop this I am almost 41 years old and i have been doing this for over 20 years....i love the way it smells and taste...my favorite is coast, dial, irish spring, and safeguard.... if anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears.

omg i do the exact same thing

Doesn't it burn your tongue and the inside of your mouth? That's what happens to me when I eat it.

It doesn't burn my mouth if I chop it up into bits first and soak it in water for a couple days...I change out the water several times a day or it will get thick and gelatinous. I only eat coast soap and I am desperately trying to stop but it is sooo hard. I've been eating soap for about 4 yrs now...I just want to stop but the cravings are ao strong!

I feel the same way and it's the same soap I was confirmed to be anemic but I don't know if it's pica :(

I have been eating soap, particularly Irish Spring since last 20 years.  I have a particular kind of chron disease in which my whole small bowl is scarred.  Due to this i can't absorb iron and other essentials from regular food.  oral iron pills are not helpful either so hv to take needle every week.

I noticed that whenever i am short of iron, my soap craving comes back badly. As soon as i start taking iron needles,  it diminishes the craving.  i am 50 year old male. Surprisingly females have this craving very common and to my understanding it is direcly linked to the iron shortage in body.

Whenever you feel like eating soap, go and talk to your doctor and start taking iron supplement. Tbis craving will go away. Trust me.