i have a same problem.All the time i need the soap , i am so worried, Because i don't know how i get rid off.once my blood level goes to 6 .but now i m fine but the soap eating habit is so much weird for me..

I am Jamaican too and crave the blue bummer alot. Ive had this craving over 30 years now and it seem to get worse with age. I grew my nails just so I could fill each nail and just suck on each finger. Ivr tried using body wash instead of bat soaps to stop the cravings.. By the way bath gells are bitter sonthat helped for a while but because I have to use the laundry soap - blue bummer it brought the cravings right back. I'm scared this may cause medical problems. Iton tablets helps with the cravings.

I'm 24 been eating soap since I was 13 started with Irish spring the original one then went on to dial but now my fav is zest Aqua I peel it off the side of my soap dish I love the taste of it I haven't had any side affects

Omg this is really embarrassing and freaky. I also crave smelling olive soaps with either cedar scent or rose. I prefer the cedar scent because it has a film of white chalk like power on it that carries the scent. It's a craving that makes me want to eat it but when I tasted it it was bad except the powder had a nice crunch to it so I now I'm craving chalk. It gets me so bad. Plaster also has a very strong pull on me. I haven't had any of what I mentioned but I have an almost insane craving for it, I've resd that it causes kidney or liver failure so that's holding me back. As a child I recal having cravings for that baby pink aspirin and I would munch on them like candy..the Asprin Taste I feel is very similar to plaster and chalk . I've never felt this way and its so scary. I did a search and its so freaky that others have the same symptoms. I better check my iron because I hate this feeling.

I do that all the time! I've been doing it for years and i can't stop. Irish springs moisture blast and anything Gain scented are my favorite!

I'm the same, I'm 15 though, I eat a piece of a chunk a day I think it tastes so good, I'm really scared that I might have problems if I continue to eat it

Me too. And I live in Jamaica as well. I am so surprise to see how many ppl have the same affliction. I stopped but the craving came back while I was in a store and passed by so ivory soap.

Not anemic. I am on a iron regiment so soap eating is not result of anemia

I also love the taste of Irish Spring soap, original only. It makes my mouth water like a sour pickle would. I try to stay out of the soap area in stores because I am then forced to open the package, scale a piece off.

I've been eating soap for years when I was pregnant with my third and last child 15 yes ago.My all time favorite is Ivory.But I also like dial (gold and white),tone original any coco butter soap and Irish spring sport. But I had to stop it was messing with my pH levels and giving me yeast infections,my skin was getting irritated and giving me stomach cramps .I am anemic and don't take iron just stopped cold turkey has been about 6 months now. Every now and then I crave it but I won't eat it I just smell it constantly now

It's so hard to quit cold turkey. I remember eating soap as a child and had stop, for years I would just smell it. Now after 17 years I find myself nibbling soap again. Funny thing is I only eat two kinds lux and another one I know if I see the package. Other brand I just want to smell it, but this year it hit me like a ton of bricks. It's the first thing I eat in the morning when I take a shower one for nibble and another to shower because the smell so good. Last year got diagnosis with celiac and always anemic from a child so to me, it's how the heck am I going to stop. Cold turkey is not working now, and having a coffee addiction make this one more stress to my addiction.

Yess ii suck the crack out of my soap !!

Yes! I'm currently pregnant and a couple of months ago I started licking the soap as well as my hands after each wash and it felt so good. Just recently I started scrapping the soap with my nail and putting the pieces in my mouth. I crave Irish spring bar soap I also am anemic and I hope it goes away after I have my baby.

Anemia might be the cause of it check out your doctor.

I started eating soap years ago. I started with dial but as years went on I realized that my taste buds will adapt to any soap. I need to know why I do this. I've been using the cleaner Fabulouso and even get turned on by the scent! What is that????