Hi, I have high EBCT Calcium Score for six months already. Some cardiologist take it into account when looking at my lab results and other don’t pay attention. Is EBCT valid indicator of heart state?

Hi, as you said yourself opinions are divided among health professionals, but patients wonder whom to trust. It is a difficult question to answer. Some would not recommend EBCT for diagnosing obstructive CAD because of its low specificity and take it as additional expensive and unnecessary testing. So, even high calcium score is not suggestive of plaque likely to rupture, and you shouldn’t be afraid. EBCT is not good at predicting plaque likely to rupture at this point.

I think that EBCT create more questions than the answers, so it would be the best to avoid it in the future.

I had an ECBT test done about at age 44 (I am now 51). I thought my score was high because the results showed that it was at the 96% percentile compared to subjects my age. The actual calcium score was 13.2. As I am doing research now, it looks like this score is not really that high. Because I have family history of heart disease, I have been worried about this score. Should I be concerned?