I was just tested to see why Im having problems getting pregnant again after loosing a baby last year at 19 weeks of pregnancy. I know I can get pregnant because I have 3 healthy children already but now my thryoid is showing high levels. Could this be what is causing my problem of not getting pregnant again and could this have caused me to miscarry my baby last year? Please help!

Both hypo and hyperthyroid may interfere with women’s cycles and lead to change in menstrual patterns as well as un-ovulation. From what I’ve been reading it seems that hypothyroid makes more problems because also produces hormone prolactin that is produced when women are breastfeeding and whose high levels prevent ovulation as well.
Have you noticed any changes in your menstrual patterns or experienced other hyperthyroid symptoms?
Some sources state that uncontrolled hyperthyroidism may pose risk of miscarriage, preterm labor, stillbirths and low-birth weights while other sources state that it rarely happens nowadays due to modern technique and ability to diagnose it early. However, it is possible if not spotted on time.
If you manage to bring your thyroid levels to normal, you shouldn’t have any problems with conceiving anymore.

Have you heard from your doctor? What did the results show? Have you been prescribed any medications?

Hi

i'm a 38 year old mother of five.