Hi, I gained 3 kilos after I finally managed to quit smoking. Now, I am on a restrictive diet. Is there any way to avoid this sudden weight gain after stopping smoking?

Stopping smoking can induce weight gain, so weight control becomes an important issue. But, even gaining many more kilos will do you less harm than cigarettes would. You need to take your kilos under control before you get another big problem. The self discipline skills you master during nicotine dependency recovery can be applied to all life's challenges, including stop smoking weight gain.As scientists explain, both food and nicotine share the same dopamine pathways. Nicotine also effects level of adrenaline, so eating can become substitute for nicotine. Remember if you were capable to cope with cigarettes quitting, you are certainly able to control how much you eat.

While many people think they gain weight from quitting smoking because they eat more, in reality, it's because your metabolism slows down alot so you will gain weight, most people gain 5-10 lbs., even if you do change your eating habits. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and exercise, and you are well on your way to a healthy lifestyle.