Hi, I have tried for many times to quit smoking, but without much success. It was working for a few days but I just can’t manage not to take a single cigarette whole day. I need some good advices.

Anyone who has been trying to quit smoking, know how hard it can be. When you are addictive to nicotine, you will not easily change to live without it. It is hard because nicotine is a very addictive drug. Usually, people make more tries before they manage to quit smoking. It is important to learn what helps you and hat hurts. It will take a lot of effort, but it will be worth. You need to be strongly determined to quit, and investigate in which situations you smoke the most and try to avoid it. Also follow your day frequency of cigarettes and start with decreasing number of cigarettes smoked each day.

Will quitting be easy? No. Early in my life, I learned just how addictive cigarette smoking can be. My dad was at a death's door over twenty years ago. Not yet fifty-five years of age, he had heart problems and ultimately had to undergo triple bypass heart surgery. Even then, he still smoked. His sister couldn't understand why he was slowly killing himself, but no matter how he tried, he still couldn't kick the habit. At last, his doctor told him, "Robert, if you don't quit smoking, you'll be dead in seven years." Something clicked, and he never picked up a cigarette again.

The good news is that it's not necessary to face a life-threatening condition to quit smoking. Once you understand how cigarettes snare you, and what they do not only to your health but also to the health of your loved ones, it becomes clear that you HAVE to quit.

You must take a long hard look at cigarettes, why we smoke them, and how they keep us coming back for more, even when we want to desperately toss them away. Consider for yourself the many health consequences of tobacco- consequences that go far beyond respiratory illness and lung cancer.