I went for a physical and my blood work came back with elevated calcium. My doctor retested and my calcium was still elevated. So he is referring me to an Endocronoligist. I haven't been feeling well for a while now and am curious if this is why. I started taken Tylenol because my joints have been really bothering me especially my knees and elbows. Never had i needed to do that before. AS of recently I've been getting head aches, and hot flashes, dizzy, and sick to my stomach. It's on and off. My bigger concern is my knees that are tender and swollen. Can anyone tell me what may be going on or have any advice.

Hi...I just read your post and have the exact same symptoms! Have had them for three years now. I know it's been over a year since you posted this...I was wondering if the physicians were ever able to find out what the problem was. (I sure hope so!)

I have seen many doctors and had tons of tests. I was even tested for something called carcinoid. ( neuroendocrine type of cancer)
Would really appreciate hearing back from you...hope you are still following this thread.

Have the doctors check your PTH for hyperparathyroid aka parathyroid disease. The parathyroid glands control calcium levels, and if your calcium is elevated with bone/joint pain it could be because calcium is being pulled from your bones. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use