Hi everybody. I have just one short question – is there a way I could determine if I have parathyroid dysfunction?? Which test should I have and which doc should I see for ot?? Thanks.

There is one test called PTH that should give you an answer. It is a blood test performed to determine the serum levels of a hormone secreted by the parathyroid gland in response to low blood calcium levels. The PTH level is measured to evaluate the level of blood calcium. Because PTH is one of the major factors affecting calcium metabolism, the PTH test helps to distinguish nonparathyroid from parathyroid causes of too much calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia). I think that every better equipped lab should be able to perform it. Hope this helps.

Since pitstick has explained everything to you I hope that you were satisfied with your answer. Now, tell me what were the results of your PTH test?

Were you concerned without good reason or maybe this test has showed that you have elevated or too low level of blood calcium?

In case you have time you could share your results with us and if there was something wrong maybe even the diagnosis you were given. And what did your doctor prescribe you and instructed you to do?

Thank you in advance for your answers but I sincerely hope that you are absolutely fine and that you don’t need any type of treatment or medications.