i had an abortion a week ago today. i had sex 4 days after my abortion as i am trying to get pregnant again. How fertile am i an can i get pregnant so soon after my abortion?

Right after an abortion or a pregnancy or a miscarriage you are very fertile, what I want you to understand is this. Due to the fact that your operation happened SO recently, your uterus HAS NOT had time too heal yet. Did the doctor that did the procedure even mention this too you. You are at a higher rate of problems if you get pregnant so quickly after.

Since you want too get pregnant so quickly after I take it that the abortion was more for medical not personal reasons. And I just don't want you to have to go through anything that can be traumatic for you - such as a miscarriage. So PLEASE talk to your doctor and give it another month OK? Good luck hon!

Thank you for your opinion. I will speak to my doctor on my follow-up appointment.

Hi Guest! Did you happen to talk to your doctor yet on your follow up appointment? I am curious to hear only because it sounds to me like you were experiencing some difficulty here so it would be good to know if you are doing better. I know that it has been a short period of time between the abortion and the actual conception attempt so it is likely that you are not pregnant yet, but I know that stranger things have happened, so it would be nice to hear how you are doing. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Well my follow-up appointment is next thursday june 25. so i will keep you posted on what happens there.
Ive been feelin pretty healthy, im not bleeding at all, and im takin the prenatal vitamins. We are also still attemping to conceive.

I'll stay in touch.

Hi hon: Please just hold off with the "trying" till after you've seen the doctor OK? I would REALLY hate for you too go through all of this and something happens, if he tells you everything is healed and fine - also just because you stopped bleeding doesn't mean it's totally healed - the be my guest!!!! ;-) XD I just want you too be healthy and have a healthy bambino OK? Also if you take Folic Acid, it has just been proven too increase your chances of become pregnant. So start THAT before, but please wait OK? Good luck and let me know OK?

Hi Bambi,
Thank you for your concern and also your advise..i have been takin the prenatal vitamins which contain folic acid in them so thats good i guess :-)

I will keep all you posted after my follow-up appointment so wish me luck :-)
Thaaaankx.

Lots of luck!!! :-)

Hey there! THanks for the update. It looks like we're going to have to wait just a bit longer before you find out so I guess we'll hear from you next week. Thanks again for letting us know.

hey there, im just giving an update because i know you guys were interested.

I went to my follow-up appoinment last week. everything is fine in terms of the procedure i had. I also took a prgnancy test early last week and it came out negative..so this is good cause it shows the procudure went well and the pregnancy hormone is most likely out of my system. Howvere, me and my bf are still tryin to get pregnant. I asked my doctor and he said its too early to check anything and to just wait..either for my period which shud come soon OR..if im pregnant again to do a blood test. Itts been almsot a month since my abortion (time flies). I dont have any spottin and im feelingood, other then the crrampin i get in my lower stomach every day..its not pain its jus light cramping..and i feel bloated 24.7 and gained a lil weight..so I guess i jus have to keep playin the waiting game for now. But at least im healthy after all this :-)

I'm glad to hear that everything came out okay for you and that you're continuing to be strong and go for it! I think that it's a difficult thing to go through and then to have all this contradictory information coming from your own body makes it all the worse. So I'm glad to hear that things are at least sorted out for you and that you're clear on how everything's going and that you're going strong. Keep us posted on how you're doing and how the conception goes. :-)

Hi hon: So it sounds like your doctor has no worries about you becoming pregnant. This is good news! I was just wondering why you are still bloated though? Did he do an ultrasound on you? Also the cramping is a concern - was the abortion surgical or chemical? IF it was surgical I'm just a little worried about why you are still cramping and bloated. Did the doctor address this with you? I don't want to cramp your style hon, just a bit concerned that's all!

Hey, ya my doctor seemed fine with it. he preferred me to wait but said there shoulndt be ant difficulties otherwise. He didnt do an ultrasound on me which i kind of wanted. the cramping comes and goes but its not a painful type and i jus think either my body is still re-cooperating or im gettin my period soon maybe?..the procedure was surgical done at a hospital. The bloating i cant explain?.. I took a HPT jus in case, and it came out negative 2x so..all i can really do is wait..for my period or take a blood test down the road.

Did you mention the bloating and cramping to him? I really would feel better if you got an ultrasound! When you period comes and IF the bloating goes away, great! If it doesn't then totally demand an ultrasound OK? Let me know OK?

i didnt mention the bloating cuz i wasnt really experiencing it too much before,just a little an i figured its the aftermath of the procedure..but its worse now whic makes me think sumthing is up for sure..wen i askef for an ultrasound he said its too early to tell or see anything so..i didnt argue?...im gona make another appoitnment though soon. i'll keep you updated.