ok here it goes, i just stopped my birth control, cuz were ready to have our last child and im just scared that it will take a long time. i did finish my pack like i read, and im suppose to be starting any time now. but my fear of having trouble getting pregnant is that last year, around this time we were trying for like 3 months to get pregnant but nothing happend. and then i got on birth control. now im ready and we already have 2 beautiful kids which didnt take no time to concieve them, and im scared with all the stuff about a lot of smoking can cause it to be harder to get pregnant. i smoke a lot about a pack a day and i am on my last pack and after that i am stopping. for good. my husband and i decided. i want to be healthy when the time comes. well thats about it. any advice on how long it took you to get pregnant. or didnt have trouble before and now have trouble since you stopped the pill. thank you

Getting rid of the cigarettes is the first step, and second step is to get rid of the worry. By worrying you could be causing your body to be stressed and make it more difficult for you to get pregnant. Limit the amount of stress in your life, and you will notice thingss go very well for you. Smoking is key though. Once you quit, your body starts to repair itself and damage can be unwound. How are you planning on quitting? Are you going cold turkey or do you plan on being on the patch or some other alternative method? I am sure you will get a lot of help here on SteadyHealth with the smoking part as well. Best of luck to you.

thank you brenda for replying. well lets see, i started smoking when i was 16. and now im 23. so i know it will be hard. im smoking now more then i did back then. i plan on to just quit cold turkey. my brother in law did it. and if he can do it then i can too. he said the first 2 weeks are the hardest. there is this class to quit smoking and you get 12 weeks worth of patches, which is what my sister is wanting to do but with me i dont want to take the patches because i am trying to get pregnant. i am not really worried like i sound, but im just really curious. im actually more exited to stop birth control.becuz ive really been ready for our last child for a while now ive just been waiting on my husband to tell me it was ok to stop the pills, i want us to both be ready. and the time has finely come. we are the kind of people that we dont worry like worry worts or make it a chore to have sex we just dont think about i know than that it will happen. if you just have fun with it. although i do have a little inkling deep inside me that i want it to happen soon. so i am trying not to think about it and i know it will happen. sorry so long. im just exited. even though it could be awhile. thanks again