Hey guys. So I am having a very huge fight with my hubby. He is 37 years old and he had silent heart attack one day while he was playing football. He didn't feel anything but some sharp chest pain that lasted for three seconds. After that, he is feeling bed occasionally. One day he started to search about some diseases on the internet because he is having some symptoms, and he suddenly "find out" that he has Endocarditis. I don't believe at this, but when I was reading all those symptoms I couldn't without asking myself is this correct. Tell me please, can you develop Endocarditis all of sudden?

Good day there. I don’t think that you can develop Endocarditis all of sudden. On the other side, symptoms can develop suddenly or slowly. Endocarditis can involve the heart muscle, heart valves and lining of the heart. Some people who develop endocarditis have : a birth defect of the heart, damaged or abnormal heart valve, history of endocarditis, new heart valve after surgery, etc. Endocarditis can also begin when germs enter the bloodstream and then travel to the heart. Also, bacterial infection is the most common cause of this issue. It can also be caused by fungi such as candida and in some cases, no cause can be found.

Good day there. I don't know how to answer on your question dear Guest. I don't think that you can get some disease all the sudden. It seems unreal to me because you need to have some symptoms before anything is diagnosed with some tests etc. This disease can occur at any age and the process of this disease can go slow and suddenly. But you can't develop it all of sudden. That is what I believe. I don't know anyone who didn't have any symptoms before he or she was diagnosed with this disease. Tests can show you do you have it or not. 

Hey everyone. Symptoms of endocarditis usually begin very suddenly and get worse quickly. So my answer on your question is positive – endocarditis can develop all of sudden. It is actually an infection that can develop dramatically, in just for a couple of days.  Subacute endocarditis on the other side can develops more slowly, and its milder symptoms can be present for weeks or months before the illness is suspected. Men develop endocarditis more often than women do and the illness is more common among the people who have some of the following risk factors such as : damaged heart valves, history of drug use, etc.

Hello there. I was so sure that you can't develop it all of sudden but guess that I was wrong. I know from my own experience that you need to have a couple of symptoms at the beginning and than you will do some tests that will show you do you have some disease or not. I didn't know that in the case of endocarditis is totally different. I remember that I was talking with one my friend who has it and she told me that she had symptoms and doctor told her that this can be endocarditis. And it was.