Hello, folks. My friend has been hospitalized. It seems that he has been diagnosed with endocarditis. I would like to know what the cause of this disease is. Can staphylococcus cause it? What do you think about this? I will really appreciate all your replies considering this. Bye, folks! I appreciate it.

Hi to you too. Heart has an inner layer that surrounds its cavity. This inner layer is called endocardium. The inflammation of this layer is known as endocarditis. If it is called by germs, then it is called infectious endocarditis. Staphylococcus aureus is one of the most common causes for this disease. So my answer to your question is “yes”. I hope I’ve helped you with this. Good luck to your friend. Bye!

Hello. Endocarditis usually appears when germs enter the bloodstream. They attach to the some areas of the heart. This entering can even happen after some simple procedures like dental ones. If endocarditis is left untreated, it can really damage heart valves. You can say that this condition is life-threatening. People with healthy heart have very small risks of getting endocarditis. The ones at higher risk are persons with already damaged heart valves, with an artificial heart valve or some other defect of the heart. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I agree that some usual things can bring bacteria into the bloodstream. It can be chewing food or brushing your teeth. Putting catheters or needles can also cause this. In any case, a prompt treatment is required. It is good that your friend is hospitalized. He will get all the necessary treatment there. I hope he will be all right. Good luck to him. Bye!