My left testicle was a bit sore off and on for about 5 years. All of a sudden the left testicle swelled up and continued to enlarge over the course of a couple weeks. The swelling is consistent over the entire testicle, and there doesn't seem to be outstanding lumps or hard areas. I went to the doctor and had CT scans, cancer tests, basically everything you can think of but the doctor can't figure it out. It also gets sore sometimes still. It has been swollen for about 6 months now, and is at least twice the size of the right testicle. My body was put through a lot this year because I had major surgery on my chest, then I got gonorrhea unfortunately. The swelling happened after these incidents.

Does anyone have a clue what this is and how to fix it?

No clue, but i've had the same thing for almost 3 years. it's about 4 times as big as the right one... if someone knows what this is, plz reply

my left testicle is about 3 times as big as my right its been like that for as long as i can remember
sorry cant help but at least your not the only one

Guys, statistically 85% of all males have a left testicle that is larger and lower than the right. This is normal. Be sure you're all doing your testicular exams monthly the way we women do our breast checks. Testicular cancer is most likely to occur between the ages of 20-29. You can find good instructions on the net for doing the self-exam.

As for MPete on 12/06, it sounds like epididymitis secondary to the GC and needs more treatment. It can also be a very small hernia, varicoceles, to name a few other issues. But if you were my patient, you'd be getting a powerful dose of antibiotic along with acidopholus.

I have the same symptom however, I recently went through some testosterone therapy during which time the testicle returned to its normal size. After completeing the therapy the testicle returned to its larger size.

You may have 'hydrocele' -this is a collection of fluid around the testicle, that can only be confirmed by an ultrasound examination. This is generally thought to be harmless but uncomfortable in the LEFT testicle, and the common cure is to have the fluid removed by suction. In the right testicle this condition may be more serious.

I agree, I had a hydrocele , mine was on the left, and was fixed during surgery along with a hernia on the right. I have a scar about 2" long. The worst part was when the Dr. came in the next morning to examine the surgery. He took hold of the bandage on my testicles, and yanked it off. I was amazed a guy would do that without warning. They had to give me something to calm me down, after they peeled me off the ceiling! I was 16 at the time. makes me cringe just thinking about it!

It is called a hydrocell. It is fluid building up in testicle if it hurts see a doctor to have him drain it.

i had the same thing a few years back and it swelled like yours,turned out to be a twisted testicle.a simple operation cured it.you never know.now i have to deal with cancer on the other one.still things happen.good luck.