My daughter had a seizure almost a year ago, it happened during her sleep and 1 hour before her usual awaking time. Took her to the hospital, did several studies, EEG, CAT SCAN, nothing came up wrong. Prior to the seizure that day around noon, she hit herself hard on the head while roller skating in the house, but nothing serious seemed to happened at the time and she was fine the rest of the day. The doctors said that it was unlikely that this caused the seizure since nothing showed up on the cat scan, and that it was a common thing that young children sometimes have seizures with no apparent cause and never happen again.
She is five now and hasn´t had another seizure since that first one. Should I still be worried about this, is it possible that she suffered an epileptic seizure that could repeat again or should I discard this possibility since almost a year has passed?
Thank´s.

A blow to the head at a young age can cause epilepsy. My mother had a blow to the head when she was 2 & developed epilepsy a couple of years later... they epilepsy stayed stagnant for about 13 years & then occured again after she fell & hit her head.. you may want to get a second opinion.

my nephew had a seizure that sounds like this and he is fine now he is 12 yrs old and he hasnt had one since he was 3 and gratefullly that was the first and ladt one...so far... :-)