My sister was pregnant for almost a month. We were all shocked when she had a miscarriage. She had no cramps, no bleeding and no problems. I thought that miscarriage begins with cramps and bleeding. Why does miscarriage happen?

Sorry to hear about your sister and I hope that she is ok. Miscarriage is a stressful situation for every women and it can leave emotional scars. It happens for various reasons. Women usually feel guilty even if the miscarriage occurs during the early weeks or months of the pregnancy. They feel like it was their fault, like they did something that provoked the miscarriage. It is important to realize that miscarriages are rarely triggered by factors under woman's control. Around 30% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and half of them occur before the woman even realizes she is pregnant. Most women who miscarry can become pregnant again and give birth to a healthy baby. Some cases of miscarriage are different, so the absence of cramps and bleeding is possible. But usually, bleeding from the vagina during pregnancy suggests the possibility of miscarriage and it is usually light. Cramping or low backache usually develops at some point after the bleeding has started. Some women experience severe abdominal pain and dizziness.

Im sorry to hear about you sisters miscarraige. I had one a year ago last week and it is a really hard situation to go threw. Every miscarraige is different. Depending how far along you are , you body everything. I didnt get any cramping just one sharp pain and that was it. I did bleed quite a bit and had the surgury. It takes time and support to get threw it.

So be as supportive as possible , and she will be fine. Your sister is lucky that she had no complications , they can be horrible.

Good luck

I just recently had a miscarriage. I was 12wks and we went in for an ultrasound and found out that we had, had a miscarriage. I had no signs of cramping, bleeding, or anything. It was a total shock. My doctor told me that, that happens but it is very rare of having no symptoms at all. They call it a "silent miscarriage". Me & my husband aren't giving up. The doctor told us to wait two months and then start trying to have another baby. This pregnancy was my first. I'm looking forward to having a child and I'm blessed to know that our other child that we lost is in Heaven and we will get to see the little one, one day!!! The thing that has helped me the most is the support from my husband, family, and friends. God has been the number one support though. I don't know what I would do withough him!!!

I'm sorry about your sister. I had a miscarriage at ten weeks, and i had no symptoms.i went for my pre natal visit, and my twins did not have a heartbeat. it is very exhausting, traumatic, and over all emotionally painful. no one really knows what causes some women to miscarry, trust me, i've looked for answers. the only thing you can really do is help your sister through this stressful time. let her know that just because she had a miscarriage does not mean that she will never have children. and if she wants to talk about it, let her. my family still will not let me talk about my babies, and it's heart breaking for me.

Hi, I was recently told I miscarried my first baby! I was told I would never have a baby!! I started bleeding a week ago Wednesday, but it was like a normal period. No cramps..nothing. My dr. wouldn't see me to my appointment time so I went to the ER and they told me I was gonna miscarry cuz my HCG levels were only 1065 at 6 weeks. I don't know where they were suppose to be. Then when I finally went to the dr. the next week they said they were gonna do an ultrasound but never did and they told me I lost my baby. Well a friend of mine says you have to have an ultrasound cuz it can tell as much as a blood test can. by the way all my urine test comes up negative but blood test comes up positive. I have had 3 of each and they come out the same way. But I still have had nothing come out of me to let me know that I have truly miscarried. I have not had any pain but I still have morning sickness and can not stand the smell of certain things and I still feel pregnant. Am I insane? Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.. :(

who told you that you would never have a baby? that's not true. i am 22 weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy. the first a miscarriage. many women have miscarriages, and go on to have healthy babies.
but, i think you need to see another doctor. obviously the doctor you are seeing is not going to give you any answers.

hi, im in the same situation with you. i was 10 weeks pregnant and i went to see the doctor 2 days ago and found out my baby had no heart beating. i was shocked because i never thought i had miscarriage. i had no cramping, bleeding or any sighns.....the doctor told me that i had 2 options of dealing with this miscarriage. first option, i would surgically remove the baby. second option, i can just wait about 2 weeks and see if my baby come out naturally with bleeding. i chosed the 2nd option because i thought if my baby can be out naturally, it would be better.... but i was just checking some other website about miscarriage, and it said it's better to remove the baby as soon as possibe. and the first option would be better according to the site.... now im comfused. im sorry to ask you this question when you are in tough situation like this, but i want to know how u dealt with your miscarriage.... if you can answer the question, it would help me alot. i just know you on screen, but good luck to your next baby and take care.

I was 7 weeks pregnant, and I just had a miscarriage, my doctor actually called it a molar pregnancy. I had no bleeding, but also the fetus had no heartbeat and it just dispersed and died. I'm going to go have a D and C done. This was my first pregnancy so I'm a bit shooken up, but the doctor said wait 2 months and try again, so I'm trying to look at the upside!!

I was 12 weeks pregnant when I went in for my routine dr.s visit. No heartbeat was found, so they did an ultrasound. Still no cardiac activity and the baby only measured 8 1/2 weeks. There was also a mass in the placenta. I had no signs of miscarriage, no cramping or bleeding. My dr. told me a D&C was the best option. I did have it done last week. I'm still waiting for the lab results from the mass. Fire19red - if you truly had a molar pregnancy, you should talk with your dr. You need lab work every 1-2 weeks for 6-12 months and possible medications as molar pregnancy can develop in to cancer. Also, it's important to NOT become pregnant for 12 months after a molar pregnancy.

my sister had a few miscarriages and had 2 healthy little girls the doctors in the STATE OF MAINE said she would never be able to carry a baby and she did

:-( I am six weeks along. The heartbeat drop very low. The doctor told me if there is no heartbeat. I might have to do a D&C. %-) The doctor told me after three month. We can try again. The doctor said in most cases the heartbeat is so low. That my baby won't make it? The doctor wants to make sure because he wanted me to get rid of my child! Also the doctor said I will start bleeding and I never did yet. I go this week but I know I have low chance? What happens if there is no heartbeat and no bleeding. I am thinking my doctor might have miss something o.O because I had low heartbeat around in the 80's but drop to 50's in two days? Maybe something was blocking the heartbeat. I only have hope but since it not growing as well. I almost lost my faith. :'( :'( :-S Doctor told me in this stage I should get rid of my child. The doctor also said there is always hope if there is a heartbeat too. Just prepared for my body to bleed? Please someone I need to know!

i have a scan in 2 days, by which time i will be 13 weeks. im really worried as i havnt felt pregnant since about week 10 and i can feel anything, have no little bulge whatsoever.
my sister had her first scan with her first pregnancy and the baby had does. im worried this has happened to me. (my sister now has a healthy 1 year old baby boy)
i havnt hd any bleeding or cramping, but i do have a lot of discharge which is off white/yellowy and lower back pain. my boobs havnt hurt in a while and my sickness dissapeared overnight. i just wanted to see how common m/c with no bleeding or cramping is.
roll on weds i guess, then il know for sure.

il keep you informed and really feel for you all. x

I was 19 weeks and went in for my scan to find out the gender of our baby. My partner and i were so excited. Once in the room my Dr started the screening. Within minutes he told me that i had lost mu baby. It hit me like a tonne of bricks than and there. HOW WHY?? All these questions running through my mind. I was sent straight up to my Dr to discuss what he next steps were. I cried the whole time still couldnt get the answers i needed. Turns out i had lost the baby 4 weeks prior and my body wouldnt let it go. I had no signs what so ever that i was miscarrying. I still had morning sickness and all tat goes along with it. I was put into hospital the very next day as they were concerned of infection. They took another scan and my worst fear was told to me. I had to deliver the baby and placenta myself as the baby was to big for surgery. I was gven medication to start contractions. Within 6 hours i was in full labour, contractions and all. It was the most painfull experience in my life. My nurse said to me that what i was experiencing was the closest thing to real labour but is even worse cause i wasnt getting my little buddle of joy at the end of it all. After going through 4 hours of contractions and delivering my baby and ting to deliver the placenta i had to get sent to surgery at the end of it. I reall believe there has to be some other way to do it all less intrusive and painfull.
Im looking forward to moving on and starting a family one day in the future. Time heals or pain i hope.

jpkw wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hello, i had my d & c done last Tuesday you can read my post under so sad. I had the d & c done and i am glad i decided that route. I have read about some waiting, alot of people experience alot of bleeding as well as seeing the actual sac 9 not sure i could have had the heart for that. ) I am still bleeding lightly as of now , but i can say i didn't have any pain a little cramping but very mild... no painmeds needed. I was feeling ill, i am assuming from the toxins the baby was releasing. I personally wouldn't want to wait for 2 weeks, just for the physically aspect of it. As for the emotional ... well i am still very sad, having trouble sleeping at nmight and reading forums trying to figure out WHY?? But we all know the answer we may never know. I am still waiting for Pathology to come back, hopefully by next week checkup i will know.

I wish you the best of luck and i hope this helped a little.