Whenever I'm standing up I tend to sweat a great deal, even if it's cool. It's most noticeable on my head and face, and the sweat literally drips onto the inside of my glasses, obscuring my vision. When I do any work standing up I have to wear a sweat band around my head, and it gets thoroughly soaked, even to the point of wringing out a quarter cup of sweat or more. Once I sit down, the sweating will gradually subside.

What causes this?

this is a huge problem with me also...exactly like yours....i sure hope someone comes up with an answer4

I have the same problem! I've been to doctors who look at me and say its because I am overweight. I am 58 years old ,I have been overweight most of my life and this problem has only started within the last 10 years. I've had my heart checked - its fine.

This problem is so bad that I avoid activity where I have to stand for any length of time. Grocery shopping is a nightmare because I am soaked with sweat by the time I get to the check out.

Can anybody help!?

I use Mon Ray Antiperspirant for my underarms. But when I have to present to the public, I sweat on my forehead, so I take some of that and wipe my face the night before and it really helps. Sometimes I do it two nights before so I know I get enough on. I really like this product. Been using for several years.

I have the same problem which began 15 years ago when I lived in Seattle a very cool place. It has become worse over the years. It begins within 5-10 minutes of standing. I went shopping today using the shopping cart to hold myself up but became extremely hot, very red in the face and my hair was completely soaked by the time I checked out. I look ridiculous. No one else was sweating like this. I'm over weight but have been for 35 years, I'm now 56 and it's getting worse. I have now resorted to using electric wheel chairs and shop only at stores that have them available. One doctor supected that it is spinal stenois, blocking of blood flow in my spine to my brain. I also have buldging disks, arthristis along with type II diabletes, high blood pressure and high cholestrol. But I used to be able to walk each weekend the entire 8 miles of the San Jose Flea Market until I reached age of 40 when the sweating began. Today when it started I thought I was having congestive heart failure because I heard sweating occurs with it. But the symptoms go away after I sit down and cooled off in my car with the air conditioner on full blast not to mention it was only 56 degrees outside. My friend has started having the same problem within the last few years. I have 3 doctors who all contribute this to my weight. This condition began before I developed diabetes, high blood pressure & cholestrol. I even sweat sometimes while just sitting at my desk at work. I see several other people shopping/walking which are my size but they don't even break sweat. I have one friend who is 100 lbs heavier than I who covers herself with a blanket because she's always so cold. I'm considering bypass surgery to get the weight off even though my sister in law passed away after she had the surgery. I wish a doctor somewhere knows what this is because I'm high risk for infection after surgery due to my diabetes and elevated blood sugars. HELP

excess sweating without any trigger, e.g. high temperature can be caused by plenty of things, i would really recommend seeing a doctor, but if they shrug it off, emphasise how it's affecting your life, it's clearly doing so if you're going around in a wheelchair just to avoid the problem. See more than one doctor. Excess sweating affects quite a few people, around 2-3% of the total population, unfortuneately, an underlying medical condition isn't always found for everyone. It can be caused by a number of things, cancer inclusive, so see a doctor. Do you get any other symptoms? weight loss may indicate something like hyperthyroidism or cancer.

I have the exact same problem but if I take Tylenol it stops for 4 hours. I salso have cluster yawns.