My son, 18 year old, wants to be a volunteer in a Zoo. He likes animals a lot, and since he was a little kid, he always gathered cats and dogs from entire neighbor in our back yard. Anyway, it is nice to come to Zoo for an hour or two, but to spend entire free time every day there? I asked my friend, a doctor, about eventual diseases and, among others, he mentioned exertional myopathy? What is that?

I am not certain, but I assume that all animals in Zoo are regularly checked for infections and illnesses. As for exertional myopathy, it is animal illness that is more typical for animals in the wild, than those encaged. That disease is non-infectious, so you don't have to worry about that one. As for others, well, try to think and remember when was the last time you heard or read about someone getting infected by animals in Zoo?