Hi, I am diagnosed with punctate keratitis few days ago. A doctor told me it has something to do with surface of my eye, but I didn’t understand him well. Can anyone explain me what punctate keratitis is?

You probably have superficial punctate keratitis, because it is related to your eye’s surface. I had the same condition several months ago. It is also called Thygeson's disease, and it is actually a type of inflammation of the cornea. It is very uncommon disease, and I was surprised to have it. It can have many causes like tear abnormalities, immune reactions, denervation, overuse of contacts… At the same time when I developed punctate keratitis, I had conjunctiva infection, so it wasn’t easy to diagnose me. Some of the symptoms I had are sensation of a foreign body and aversion to light. I used topical corticosteroids, and they helped me very much in relieving the symptoms of punctate keratitis.