Should I continue wearing my contacts even if I have dry eyes? I got used to contacts over the years and I would find it very difficult to switch back to wearing glasses. Is it possible to find suitable contacts in a situation like this? The doctor told me that the contacts I’m wearing now are not good and that they only impair my condition. Help me find contacts for dry eyes.

You’ve been wearing contacts for years and that is most probably the reason (or one of the reasons) for developing dry eye syndrome. During all those years the friction between the outer layer of the cornea and the contacts probably damaged certain fine structures in cornea. Those microscopic structures keep the tear film at a certain quality and enable normal functioning of your eyes. Switching back to glasses would obviously improve your situation, but you don’t have to do that if you don’t really want to. It is possible to choose between various brands specially developed for those who have problems with dry eyes. Those contacts are designed to retain water which should lessen the evaporation and the disruption in normal production of tear film in your eye. You can ask your ophthalmologist for a more detailed description of those brands and for help in making the right choice. The most important thing is to know that you don’t have to give up on wearing contacts. Modern technology is in most cases able to satisfy any of the wishes of the consumers without impairing their eye problems.