I've had a sharp stabbing pain in my right shoulder for going on 6 yrs now. Just recently its gotten worse along with sharp neck pain and tingling in hands and fingers. Could this be a pinched nerve ?

Yes. It could also be several other things. One thing you may want to look into is Carpel Tunnel. Another is rotator cuff of the shoulder.
Like I said it could be several things. Best to go get an MRI or have other test to know for sure.

Hello there,

As ksf has already told you, besaides pinched nerve it could be a lot other things. You need to get either MRI or X-ray to know for sure. But first you will need to see your doctor.   

In case you have rotator cuff injury this means that one out of 4 rotator cuffs in your shoulder has been strained. This can happen after sudden movement such as throwing the ball. Most common symptom is the pain you have been describing.

After your doctor confirms this diagnosis, he will direct you to the physiotherapist, who will suggest which exercises you should perform to get better. For pain you will get painkillers which are more than helpful. I hope that you will resolve your problem.