My penis has been extremely itchy for the past week. It started while I was in Mexico and has continued on to being home. Since I've been home, my penis/scrotum has been peeling excessively and has been itchy as all hell. The skin after peeling is very red and raw. I've tried putting lotion on it but it hasn't helped. I haven't masturbated either so I don't know why it would be irritated (when it first started I hadn't masturbated in several days, still haven't and it's now been over a week). I haven't been using a new brand of soap or anything odd. What's causing this? I thought of jock itch but I read that doesn't really affect the penis as much as the thighs, which while somewhat itchy are not dry or peeling at all. Also, I am not currently sexually active so I don't think it's an STD (unless I caught it from a toilet or something).

Please help!

Yeah, I'm the same mate... Although, I've had it for about 8 months! It's only getting worse and worse and even more noticeable!! I'm now seeing someone and don't want her going down there incase it freaks her out!

ive just started gettin it. im freakin out thinking its an STD....this is killing me man...im on  google trying to find out what it is..this is not fun

I would advise you to run to the nearest store and buy some - Lamisil cream (terbinafine) - I had a case of this junk awhile back and this stuff helped get me back up and going in about 2 weeks. My case however was not as severe as I only was only peeling skin under the foreskin and head of my penis