I KNOW WHAT IT IS! I first visited this page a few weeks ago searching for answers. I recently got married and you could not imagine the depression (especially after waiting for our wedding night) that loomed over me because I felt like....to be blunt... I had a gross vagina. I always made genital health a priority and it seemed the more I kept myself clean, the worse the problem got. At my breaking point, (keep in mind I am african american- thus brown skinned) the skin in the crease of my bikini line, the entire vulva, my perineum, and my butt crack were bright pink, raw, cracked, and bleeding. yet still itchy. I saw 3 gynecologists, 2 dermatologists, and 1 primary care physician. All of whom diagnosed me with lichen simplex and then lichen simplex chronicus. Imagine my relief (the first time!) I then started a laundry list of creams and ointments that just made it worse in some way or another. The list includes: Lidocaine solution, Desitin, Rx strength hydrocortisone, triamcinolone acetonide, Miconozole cream 2% and 200mg capsules, Clobetasol Propionate ointment and the cream, Sarna lotion that was refrigerated (although scintillating when applied to the problem area, i wanted relief not pleasure), Triple Antibiotic ointment, estrace cream, clotrimazole Betamethasone cream, domoboro soaks, and lastly nyastatin powder. Believe it or not, the best one out of all of these was the powder. I was just about to give up when I broke down to a very close friend who happens to be a primary care physican (He is 31 years old, for those who care) while getting dressed up for my new bridegroom I told my friend about the problem and was looking for something to emotionally prepare me for the coming night. I wanted to tear down walls when he GLANCED at my problem area, shrugs his shoulders and says......"ok, so you have jock itch. It's not the end of the world."Yes ladies. It was JOCK ITCH! Unfortunately it was too late to save my honeymoon. However I went to Walmart, purchased Bacitracin and a few different jock itch treatments and started immediately. In two days the symptoms had relieved themselves and the only issue remaining was this feeling like I had cuts in my pubic hair area right at the hood of my clitoris. PAINFUL!!!! It just wouldnt go away. Finally, after babying it, I couldnt take it anymore. I had to get a closer look. Against better judgement I used an ELECTRIC razor (it left very short stubble which I wanted. Last thing I needed was to nick the skin or get razor bumps). Once completely bald, I hopped in the shower, washed the area well (it burned) washed with summers eve vaginal shower wash (burned a little too), got out, dried off, and then applied straight bacitracin to the ENTIRE pubic area. I suggest if you are going to try this, right before you do it, take a deep breath and remind yourself of all the sleepless painful itchy nights. Why? Because it burned like I was exorcising the devil out of my clitoris! After about 5-10 second, it stops burning and I go to bed. Since then, I have used the Tinactin (jock itch spray on powder) from time to time. I am happy to say I have not touched an antifungal product in two weeks. All signs of the problem are gone. ALSO my skin is back to normal. If you are worried about scarring, it didn't happen to me.

I had sleepless nights and embarrassing days for TWO years fighting this damn LICHEN SIMPLEX (which just means dry skin FYI) when all I needed was some jock itch cream.

Ladies, I wish you all the best of luck. This ordeal was EXTREMELY horrifying and that is why I decided to post here. I have never posted anything on a message board so I dont know how it works. If you have questions about what I went through and how the problem got resolved, please don't be shy to ask. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hey Lady Luck11213,

I LOVE YOU!!! I was so worried until I read this. Like you I am brown and so I was tripping out looking at whitish skin shedding from the outter lips of my vulva. And the cuts too!!! OMG> headed for the jock itch spray powder and the bacterin now! GOD BLESS YOU LADY!

I have had many std tests, REPEATEDLY, &have even been prescribed some despite testing negative for effecting.All the creams & ointment? Tried them. But to finally know that it's simple jock itch?

I am have most of the same problems (the peeling itching and the feeling of cuts on my hood ) I bought the Tinactin and the bacitracin. I wanted to know when did you apply it and how many times you did. I've been just reapplying the Tinactin after I pee just in case it washed off ( after thoroughly cleaning the area with a wet one) and where did you apply it? Was it just on the outer area or did you spray inside? Same question for the bacitracin. I could really use some help thank you.

Im 17 and im so itchy and it burns my butt and vagina its all peeling really bad.. Its so itchy inside there and i dont wanna stop scratching but it peels anyway it burns when i pee or use the restroom.. I dont know what to do please help im seeing if my boyfriend can get me that cream or something cuz i cant take it anymore...

OMG...i am really thankful you shared your story. I was so clueless as to what was going on in my vaginal area. I too seen gyn's and pcp's all of whom tried to assure me there was nothing wrong. The itching is so frustration for both me and my partner. I will be getting the jock itch cream first thing in the morning. Thank you again for your bravery in sharing

Same here, thnx for the info because I have the same symptoms. And might I add, the little cuts are the worse along with the embarrassment of scratching.

Thank u!!!!! I was panicking! This is first time its happened to me! I was freaking!!!
Thanks again

So glad to see this very frank experience posted and how many others have had this. I did as well and self diagnosed and fixed with Tinactin and a couple of weeks of wearing my husband's boxers to help air things out a bit more. I think it's hard for us ladies to realize or to be recognized as suffering from jock itch frankly because of the primarily male associated name. They should just call it "unisex crotchital itch".

Omg!! Like you i search everywhere online n saw multiple doctors suggesting and provide different treatment and nothing worked. I was beginning to think it was jock itch but was hesitant bc im not a doctor. I know patience are always told to not google things but sometimes it feels they are not listening. I had the same scenario for something on my lips, few doctors later, it was a personal blog that FINALLY fixed the problem within a week. Thanks for sharing your story, i feel so less embrassed now. Il will be giving your suggestions a try.

Thank you Lady Luck. I'm going to try kick itch relief!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! ive had this the last three weeks on my left inner bikini line. Its red, peeling and now starting to get to where the peeling is bleeding. I was finally to the point where I was going to see a doctor about it when I came across this. I can't BELIEVE its that simple. I love you. Thank you!!

Thank you omg thank you! I will try this tmmrw. You may have saved my kitty!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your post. I’ve been going through similar issues for over a year without much relief. The powder works best but I’m going to try your recommendation ASAP!!! Thanks again!

Omg.... I read this post a week ago and immediately went to the pharmacy and bought the jock itch cream. LADY!!! You saved my kitty!!! I had instant relief, I was finally able to sleep and feel like myself again. I was so raw down there all the way to my butt crack, I was peeling and had paper like cuts it was just the worst feeling. I have been applying the jock itch cream twice daily as directed but I must say I have some scarring, I am guessing it’s just from the skin healing from how raw and red it was. I am hoping that it will eventually fade. Have you had any reoccurances after that episode?