I have a very itchy vagina that wont go away. It also peels a lot, but it is like a soft peeling rather then dry and flaky. If I wipe it with toilet paper lots of soft skin peels off. It has been like this for a while. Sometimes it is very painful and itchy and sometimes red and swollen also. It kind of smells a little too.. but i'm not sure if its just a normal vagina smell or not.

I have tried yeast infection creams/ pessarys but they didnt do anything except help the itching a bit, but it always come back. I went to the doctor a while ago and had a blood test and he tested my vagina and said that i didnt have an STD. Also I havent had sex in over 6 months so i know its not an STD. The doctor said there wasnt anything wrong with me!?

But it is so itchy and sore :-( What do I do??

i have them same thing. it started as just vaginal itching and lasted for about a week then the second week i was still itching but this time i was peeling and it wasnt flaky but soft. its painful and uncomfortable. ive been to the doctor twice and have had pap smears done each time and everything comes back normal. i have no idea whats wrong and anything i put on it just seems to make it worse.

i have the same thing! it wont go away i am to imbrassed to go to the doctors because you cnt really explain it. i really just want it to go away i have had it for SOOO LONG.!

Ahh I have this too! Had it for ages but it will not go!
I've also strted to get weird sores around the inner area, and today it's started randomly bleeding a bit when i wipe!!
I spose I do wear tight trousers etc. but that can't be whats causing it!!
Do get thrush quite often (when on antibiotics) so I guess I'm quite oversensitive!! Doctor is useless- doesn't listen, just says get some thrush medicine! %-)

did you ever find out what it was?

Same problem! I'm glad I'm not some kind of freak, haha. It's like the worst. I'm certain I don't have an STD but I don't know what to dooooo. It's awkward. Itchy then peely when you itch. UGH. I think we're cursed yall. :-(

I have the same problem and i'm only 16 and I have had it for years. I'm embarrassed and no doctor understands or knows the diagnosis. I really wish someone knew what EXACTLY what this is called.

im 16 and ive had it for a few weeks now and i was really scared that i has and STD but after reading other responses i dont think its an STD since many of you have this problem but dont have an STD im still going to get checked out but i really do wish this worl go away it hurts and bothers me 24/7! HELP!!!

Sorry about posting that twice.
I think most of you may gave thrush.
Just try some over the counter medicine.
What's the worst that can happen.

Please check out the following website. I have Lichen sclerosis - it is treatable and you will get better if this is what you have. Please call a good gyn, suggest that this may be what you are suffering with and read the files at this sight.
Good luck, hope this helps,
H

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LichenSclerosis/

My symptoms are very similar - i developed them after having to take anti biotics for a respiratory infection. The area between and including my vagina and anus is much more moist than usual, this is very itchy and uncomfortable and there is moist soft peeling. When i look at the area with a mirror the uncomfortable area looks redder than my usual skin colour.
I do not have an std, i have been tested and have been with the same partner for 3 years.

PLEASE HELP!

I was just recently taking anti biotics for an infection and the same things started happening to me right afterward.

Has anybody found a name for this yet??

I have the exact same thing, and its been goin on for years!! i didnt kno it was this common.

a site posted was very helpful....

thank you.

i had the same problem as all u guys, its not infectious, just terribly embarrasing.
i used savlon skin healing cream and it cleared up within a few days.
I too thought it could have been an std and was worried but believe me just try SAVLON SKIN HEALING CREAM.

Im 16 and have had an itchy and sore vagina since i was half way through my period (2 weeks ago) and sometimes when i wipe myself, blood comes onto the tissue. I daren't go to the doctors because i don't know what to expect and i don't want to expose myself to them. Savlon has helped the soreness, but the itching is driving me mad. :'(