Hi - I was punched in the eye by my SO and woke the next day with a black eye and swelling. It has been almost 2 weeks and I still have numbness in that area - and can't feel my teeth when I brush - where as before I could. I am concerned there may be some nerve damage - and my ENT said it is such a sensitive area it may take longer than normal to heal - I am not sure if he is just trying to make me feel better or if that is true. Just looking for some other views.

Any chance of a follow up on this? I got sucker punched in the eye and top of the nose the other night and have similar symptoms. Left eye is really blackened and the right one slightly as well. I have complete numbness in the left side of my nose and most of that cheek. Swelling is going away so I'm hoping it'll all heal up fine, but looking for some confirmation.

pls follow up on this!!!! i got punched a few times on the left side of my face. my whole eye was black but it was my temple and like my jaw that hasent heald yeat, when i open my mouth and close it fast i can hear like a crunch sound..by my jaw bone is not broken. and only my lower left side of my teeth are numb its been a week.