Hi I badly need some advice. Recently my left leg from just above the kneecap went numb, it felt like pins and needles like a wave sensation (just like you were getting pins and needles coming on) and 4 days later it has still not gone away. Visited GP he says could be trapped periphery nerve. Wonder how long this is gonna last? Advised me to return to see GP in 2 weeks. Anyone else been through same, what should I be asking GP at next visit if still numb? thanks

I have a numbness in my left thigh just abov my knee on the outer leg. ai get tingly sensartions up and down my left side even occasionally my face. If I hold my arms more than seconds they tire easly and I short of breath right away when I start working out. Please Help I'm Scarred.

I get that too, mainly when I am laying down or sitting and leaning forward. I sometimes have a little trouble sleeping. I have gone to see the doctor and had to have an MRI done and they didnt find anything. So I go see an orthopedic on monday. So we will see, I hope it isnt anything serious.

I also have been having increasing left thigh numbness; mostly when I am laying in bed on my back.. sometimes I switch positions slightly and all of a sudden sensation comes back again.. When I am at full sensation now, the areas are always tender and somewhat sore. It is def not normal.. I have been told that it is most likely disc problems in my back.. Funny, I have never had a traumatic injury, etc..

I too have the numbness in my left thigh, It gets numb when standing for more then 10 mins. When I sit down it seems to go away. but now certain times at night it goes numb and so I bend my knees and it goes away now it is numb constantly and is not going away, I have had a fracture on my lower lumbar and I think it may be the result of deterioration of the nerve lining because my lower back has been hurting. please tell me of anyone has had the same thing? Thanks

Yes! I have EXACTLY the same thing. I fell in a grocery store and have had this weird numbness when I stand for a few minutes. When I bend over I feel a rush of feeling come back into my thigh. The numbness comes at night when I lie on my back or front. As long as I sleep with my knees bent, it doesn't happen. What is going on? I want it to stop!

Google "Meralgia paresthetica"

I've been having very similar symptoms developing over the past week or two, and most online searches for similar symptoms have lead me to this.