Hi. For no reason my vagina is itchy, it has some weird smell that I just can't describe and I also have some discharge. It is usually transparent, sometimes yellow. There is no brown or red color, which I consider is a good thing. Right?

Anyway, I am scared of some possible infection. I didn't have unprotected intercourse a couple of days ago, but this started to bother me 4 or 5 days ago. Is there any possibility that I am struggling with infection? What color of vaginal discharge can indicate a possible infection? Is visiting gynecologist my only option? 

Tnx in advance. 

Hey Guest,

Itchiness can be a sign of vaginal infection, so I think that you should go and talk to your gynecologist. On the other hand, about the thing that you asked, not a single color other than white (or transparent) is good, every color means that there is something wrong with you and basically, yellow, green, and brown are the ones that could indicate that you are having an infection.

I wouldn't play with these kind of things if I were you and I would just take some time to go and talk to my gynecologist and get things checked out.

You should definitely talk to your gynecologist because vaginal problems can become very serious and if there is a problem and you decide to leave it as it is, it can cause some additional complications which could leave some consequences which are going to last till the rest of your life. I think that in most cases your vaginal discharge color is going to be yellow if you have an infection, yellow vaginal discharge color is said to be a clear sign that you are having a vaginal infection. I cannot tell you for sure what kind of vaginal infection could this be but you must talk to your gynecologist.

There are a couple of different vaginal discharge colors which can all mean that you are having an infection but I think that the two main pointers towards an infection are an itchy vagina and a smelly vaginal discharge. I don't know if visiting your gynecologist is your ONLY option but it should definitely be the first option for you to do, you need to get checked out in order to see if there are any infections and if there are not, then to see if something else is maybe wrong. Besides, your gynecologist is going to help you treat whatever is going on down there.

Mine was red when I had an infection. I went to talk to my gynecologist about this vaginal discharge color and later on, when he did some tests, he told me that I had a vaginal infection. He also told me that it is weird for me to have an infection and red vaginal discharge color because that is not the color which would mean that I have an infection but he said that things like this happen from time to time so that whenever someone notices that their vaginal discharge color is abnormal, they should talk to their gynecologists as soon as they can.

Every other color that is not white, a little bit transparent and a little bit thick. All other colors can indicate a certain infections. 

That means that yellow, green, red, pink and brownish discharges can indicate that you are dealing with certain problems or infections.

Sure, maybe it is nothing, maybe you are just going through some phase (such as ovulation, period or cold), but just to be sure that you are healthy, you should consult your doctor. 

Especially if you have intercourse, especially if those intercourse are without any type of protection. 

Be smart and prevent some other problems.

Good luck. 

Hi. So, here is what you should know - a discharge that is thick in texture and has a greenish or even the yellowish tinge can be a sign of infection (usually, it is). You should know that it is not a sign of a healthy vagina, especially if besides this you are dealing with a really bad odour that you can smell even if you are dressed. This type of discharge very often turns out to be the infection trichomoniasis, which is a sexually transmitted infection (STI). When it comes to brownish discharge, this one is usually normal and it usually comes after your period.