I am a 46 year old male, I’m a civil servant & work on a computer most of the day. I am usually healthy, happy with no previous medical problems. However about a year ago while walking through the city one day I felt light-headed/dizzy. That evening the 'dizziness' disappeared, however it returned the next day. A week later I suffered from almost constant dizziness & sometimes feel very fatigued (I have more a kind of light headedness rather than wild spinning sensation). The dizziness and tiredness made me really anxious and panicky, making my palms sweat and making me a little shaky. The dizziness is mainly subtle, although enough to make me worry. However occasionally it is very bad and feel close to fainting (sometimes I stare at nothing , like I phase out but only occasionally and just for seconds). I have to really hang in at work but the light headedness can be very scary. I feel like I'm going to faint but I never have, although I have felt very close to it! I have no other symptoms ( I have NO tight chest, nausea or bad headaches), I sleep well, my appetite is normal. I don't take drugs. Then for several months I have been suffering from a horrible sickly pain in my left arm, maybe it gradually appeared, but I have had a very sore left arm now for about 5 months (over half the time of my dizziness). The pain in my arm can be pretty bad. I cannot place it above my head. The pain feels like it is mainly inside my upper arm muscle & sometimes the top of my shoulder. I am still able to carry & have no obvious swelling etc....its more a positional thing, although the pain is subtly but constantly there (maybe like 'frozen shoulder'). I have know idea if this is connected to my light-headedness. I have been to the doctors about the dizziness & have only mentioned my arm recently and things are moving pretty slowly. I have had all bloods taken and everything was fine. I had an ECG and that was ok, blood pressure taken on several occasions & has been normal. Sugars ok. I have had an intensive eye test and have been prescribed reading glasses which I have been wearing now for three months. I have had respite from the constant light-headiness on several occasions. The last time was last month and the longest respite. My doctor prescribe me Citalopram 10mg for my anxiety when I become dizzy. The drug did no good save calmed me when i felt ill. However I felt absolutely normal for appropriately three weeks when I came to the end of the course and stopped taking it. That was such a big deal because I hadn't felt that well for so, so long. I was my old self again. I was going out and confident to arrange my social life and able to concentrate at work. However the dizziness has started to creep back in which has made me very sad. So I will return and discuss this with my doctor and see where we can go from here. I'm still hanging in there.

all dis is due to stress, the fear of loss. It has nothing to do with the heart. am 28yrs and have had these symptoms, i've had my BP checked immediately when i had this sensation, alas! it was normal. the attending nurse told asked me for uneasiness in chest, but i dint have any, and oh yes! i have trouble in breathing i have to blow out air to keep it going. Usually I get this episode when am in fear of losing my loved one. when i cant stand if he shows love to someone else. its the fear of losing him and whenever we have a fight i have all these symptoms and must vomit. i cry incessantly. i cant lift my left arm there's a total feeling of uneasiness like there's something heavy placed on it. There is no medication for this.

I guess u were stressing/thinking/worrying on some subject/object for a longer period than usual which had caused u this pain.  There is no remedy for this unless u think less on the subject and leave the rest to God, AMEN! God bless u!

Your arm symptoms sound very similar to mine; I had pain in upper arm followed about a week later by tingling between index finger and thumb. You should have an MRI of the cervical spine. You may have cervical radiculopathy, which are changes in the neck caused by bulging discs and/or bony changes that can impact the nerve roots going to your extremity.

Hi, I had this problem for a couple of months now. In the beginning it was lightheadness, wooziness that would last for a few hours and go away. Then it became more constant throughout the day and I also started feeling a sense of unsteadiness and slight lack of balance when i walked. I did not have tinnitus as a symptom but this condition can cause it also. I had MRIs of my brain and spine, EKGs, wore a heart monitor for a week to check my heart and visited a Neurologist to check for ataxia. After I was cleared of everything I was able to have to see my physical therapist. I have cervigogenic dizziness. It can be caused by bad posture, weight training, office job. My physical therapist dry needled my Sternocleidomastoid muscle for a few sessions and now i am 100%. Other modalities are used also but this is the most efficient for fast results. After the diziness goes away you need to fix your posture andtrain properly.  I hope this information will help some people

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thanks for explaining that because my dad had stressed me out so bad today. I felted like I was going to pass out, I had blurry vision and left arm had pain. I felted like I was having a light stroke