There is something wrong with me, and I am sure that the wheat products have something to do with it. After some breakfast meals including cereals or muesli, I feel as exhausted as if I had eaten pork! My mother says that it has something to do with my intestines, because I had always troubles with them. What can you tell me about this?

What you experience might be a harmless stage of celiac disease. It is an inflammatory condition of the small intestine precipitated by the ingestion of wheat in individuals with certain genetic makeup. Its effects can be different: some may experience severe symptoms such as diarrhea, weakness, and weight loss. On the other hand, some individuals present fatigue related with anemia and have no symptoms referable to the gastrointestinal tract. There is a solution for your trouble. The antigen precipitating celiac disease i.e. gluten, can be removed from the diet. See your physician for more details.