It comes in bursts.. I am currently going through an episode that's lasted about 4 days now. Almost every single time I eat a meal, about 5-30 minutes later, I have severe abdominal pain, my body temperature rises, and I get bloated. I then either get gas, or diarrhea. Relieving my bowels seems to help most of the abdominal pain go away, but not completely. It seems as if my body is rejecting anything I put into my stomach. This has happened to me many times before, and stops after a few days up to a few weeks. I'm NOT pregnant.

I'm an 18 year old female, 5'2" and 120 lbs.

It also seems to be random. During the last episode I had, I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and felt really sick. The next day, I had a bowl of the same cereal and didn't feel sick, but I had a sub for lunch and felt sick again. So it doesn't select a particular type of food.

Some people are saying I am just under too much stress(which it could be) others say I probably have IBS or something. I'd appreciate any input though. I'd rather not see a doctor unless there's no other option. I really don't know what is wrong with me, but I really wish to fix it. It's interfering with my schooling, job and general life. Thank you.

I don't believe there is an edit button so forgive me if there is, but I just wanted to add that my meals are being reduced to two, sometimes even one, meals a day because I'm too scared to eat because of how painful it is later. Sometimes it's subconscious fear that just makes me think I'm not hungry, and other times I'll be starving but too afraid to eat anyway, like right now. I've had a granola bar for breakfast and a burger for lunch(which made me reeeaally sick) and I'm hungry now, but afraid to eat. I don't want to be afraid to eat. I really would like help.

I also just weighed myself and I'm 112 lbs! I haven't been under 115 since I was 15. :-( I always fluctuate between 117-125, but never under 115. Now I'm even more worried.

You might have wheat allergy or gluten. I do and that's what happens to me.

you could possibly have pancreatitis you get bad adominal pains and make you nauseous and sometimes vomiting. And you loose weight mostly 10 lbs for no reason. I have gained weight uncontrollably but get sick every time i eat. About a year ago I was diagnosed with it and did a check up with my doctor and they said i didnt have it anymore which is not usual for it to go away that easily but i did have cysts..I knew God blessed me and took it away and replaced it with something not so bad. Also Pancreatitis is usually in teens or young adults and if not taken care of can also cause Pancreatic Cancer. If I was you I would go get checked out it could be something small but it could be something big! o.O

i am experiencing this same thing right this moment. Yesterday was really bad. I think it may be gas, that's just trapped. I haven't had diarrhea but, the pain in my abdomen makes me nausous. THe pain only last about a couple of minutes, but comes and goes probably every 5 minutes. uughh..

hey, have u ever used any amphetamine? speed, aderol, meth?

hey, have you ever used any amphetamine such as speed, meth or perscription aderol?

No, I have never used speed, meth or aderol. I've smoked pot and tried Psilocybe cubensis but these were both after the abdominal pain started, nor do I think either of those are dangerous considering the small amount I consumed. I have not touched either of those in months and I do not smoke or drink, either. The pain still comes and goes every few months.

hey T3HPK,
I read what you posted and I can relate. I am also 18, I'm 5'8 and 130 pounds (not much more than you, I lost 20 pounds recently due to a bad bout of pain and diarhea that made me terribly weak for a couple months this year). It started about 5 years ago when I was in 8th grade (13 years old). I used to have to leave class in the mornings most days and curl up in the bathroom and cry because of the pain. It seems to be worse in the morning, do you find that too? I was sent to a G.I. doctor but he wasn't any help and said it was probably IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). In 9th grade it wasn't as bad, I still had it and every couple of months I would get a night of terrible pains. Usually I was very uncomfortable in the mornings but I could not just skip school every single morning so I learned to live with it. In grade 12 it got soo much worse it couldn't be ignored. I had diarhea basically every day (still do) and experienced so much pain I felt like putting myself out of my misery. I finally got some x-rays done where they found damage in my jejenum and my proximal ileum (in the small intestine). The doctor who examined the x-rays said it looks like celiac disease without the obstruction. Although I don't believe it is because sometimes certain things make me horribly sick and other times it doesn't. Now I'm in first year university and I'm getting some blood tests and stool culture tests done for infections (one of my suspicions is chronic gastroenteritis). Gastroenteritis could explain why sometimes you can eat a bowl or cereal and sometimes you cant. Of course if it's an infection sometimes it's really bad, sometimes not as active. And milk is a no-no when you have it, it makes it worse actually. There are a couple things that make it worse, and mostly all you can eat are bland foods. The way to find out is through a stool culture test at a lab (get your doctor to send you) and then if it is they will prescribe you with antibiotics and you will need hefty dieting for a while until the infection if cleared. I'm hoping myself to finally find out what is wrong with me. I found cheese is the worst which would make sense. I have a G.I. booked in january, if it's not any infection he's testing for celiac which I'm almost certain it is not. Anyways, I hope this helps, and I hope you reply. Take care,
Emily

I have the EXACT same problem. I am also 18, weigh about 110 and am 5 feet tall. I get very sick every time I eat. More so at dinner time and it is worse when I go out to eat. IDK what is wrong. I told my doctor who ordered a celiac blood test to see if I have a gluten allergy and it came back negative. I feel your pain and am looking for answers too. I'm going back to the doctors and if I get an answer I'll post it in the future!

Yes, I have been experiencing the same thing .... I am hungry but when I try to eat I get severe stomach pain , and I feel like
I'm going to be sick . I have been trying not to eat due to the stomach pain being so serious at times. It was very bad two days I had a
Very high fever, body aches and a headache , almost flu like symptoms but the yesterday it was just the stomach pains and today is the same thing
I just don't know what to do and I don't have time to go to any doctor so if I can get around going to the doctor with any helpful information
I would be very happy =)

im an 47 years male with the same symptoms,whats the best answer.

I'm 13, with the same problem, I got a celiac blood test for a glut allergy to, also cam back negative. I get these really horrible episodes of stomache pain where i just want to kill myself. My doctor put me on prilosec, which help slightly, but I found out what workd the best for me is Pepcid. My friend has the same problem, only not as much, and it's either called Mylanta or Maalox, the medicine that helps her. I'm taking probaly two pepcid every single day, and would be taking more if it I could.

Have you ever heard of something called SIBO? (SMall INtestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) I had the same issues that started when I was 16 and it took them 10 years and thousands of tests to finally diagnose me with it. It's basically a more intense version of IBS. You can get whats called a hydrogen breath test and they can test for it. It basically is an abundance of bacteria leaking in from your large intestines into your small intestines. The bacteria feeds off of food so when you eat it attacks it (causing the pain) and it expands (which causes bloating) because it's not getting the right amount of time to get into your large intestines and stomach before it can be digested. This can cause weight loss because of lack of nutrients because the bacteria is getting to it first, or weight gain because what you are eating is feeding the bacteria and it is multiplying and causing bloating and discomfort. Either way it is an awful thing to deal with. THe best thing to do is eat smaller portions, eat 5-6 small meals a day. Try to avoid sugar, yeast, and carbs, the bacteria feed off of those things and make your body crave it (I felt like an addict when I first tried to ween myself from sugar) but you will feel so much better afterwards. Also, try digestive enzymes and probiotics (but make sure they are the refrigerated probiotics).

Hope this helped.

I just saw my doctor about this today. She thinks it is something to do with my gallbladder. I am having an ultrasound tomorrow. I am 34 and have dealt with this for years. They told me to change in these ways or that I had these issues:
low fat diet
antiacids
acid reflux
lactose intolerance
food allergies
depression
high fiber diet
low sodium diet
thyroid
I changed docs and now have some better answers/options. Hopefully it will work out for you.